Sunday, June 07, 2009

Weekend

Another weekend done.

There was Lost.


And breakfast (followed by a living room ballet recital) with the kiddos.


And dinner with Stephanie.
(Don't worry - there was actual dinner. This is just the Cap'n Crunch chicken tenders, appetizers before the crab ravioli and bruschetta chicken.)


And dessert with Stephanie.
(I bet you think the chocolate cupcake looks like the tastier of the two. I thought it would be. But, it wasn't. The blueberry cupcake with the raspberry cream cheese frosting was far tastier.)



And, the last show of our 08-09 Broadway Across America season.
(I assure you - Taylor Hicks's performance as Teen Angel included a harmonica and a very sequined suit and was just as awkward as you're imagining it to be.)


Planned for this week:
Last week of school (kids through Wednesday - teachers through Friday)
Banana Pecan Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream Frosting (a la Martha S.)
Studio Calico June kit (scheduled for Monday delivery)
Meeting Monkey (Thursday or sooner!)
An update for you on my latest addiction - TV on DVD
Mac goes to the spa for some cosmetic improvements before her warranty expires

5 comments:

Katrina said...

the chocolate definitely looks better...but I'd eat either of them right now. off to find some breakfast...

Steph said...

I voted for you :)

Can't stop looking at monkey's mini...did you take pics of it before gifting? It's so perfect!

Can't wait for more cupcakes.

Anonymous said...

I caught a performance of Grease during a visit to Chicago. I didn't find Taylor Hicks at all awkward. I thought his performance was fun and a highlight of the show. To each his own, I guess.

And for the record, I wouldn't turn down either cupcake!

justem said...

mmmmmm cupcakes.
steph is a lucky girl to get a mini!
i am working on putting the photos in mine!!!
is monkey here yet? ;)

Lyn said...

Mmmmmmm those cupcakes look yummy.
Happy last week of school!!