Saturday 2.19.11: Protesting
I went to visit my parents for Dad's birthday. We ended up taking a bus to the capitol. We walked a few laps around the square, shopped for cheese, ate popcorn, and walked up the capitol steps. The crowd was amazing in its variety, opinion, and size. After showing our support for public schools and the people who work there, we headed home for homemade pizza. I drove home late on Saturday to avoid an impending snow storm.
Sunday 2.20.11: A Dinner Guest
I managed to fit in a trip to the grocery store before the snow really began falling. I escaped the house again around dinner time to be Stephanie, Karl, and AJ's guest. After that, I hunkered down. School was canceled by about 10 P.M..
Monday 2.21.11: Snow Day
This was the scene inside. The scene outside involved more than 15" of snow with lots of blowing and drifting. Brad was on a conveniently timed ice fishing trip, and lucky for me, Kurt agreed to come fire up our snow blower. I used the day off to work to read and get caught up on my Project Life album.
Tuesday 2.22.11: Over-due
I checked out giant crates of books in early January to use in talking with teachers about the difference between literature and informational texts. The library has been sending me over-due notices pretty much every day. I finally returned the tubs of books today.
Wednesday 2.23.11: My Morning Routine
Brad has been gone almost a week now. Life always seems to get a little more out of balance than usual when he's gone. I feel it the most in the mornings. This morning included blueberry Nutrigrain toaster waffles (eaten on the way to work) and a cup of Brad's Caribou coffee (I have run out of my normal Nantucket Blend) with milk and sugar. I listened to Drop City while I drove to work, making it to school about a minute before I was supposed to be there.
Thursday 2.24.11: New Necklace
Brad surprised me with this fabulous necklace from a store I found on Etsy for Valentine's Day. I have been finding all sorts of outfits to wear it with - even when it doesn't really match. I get lots of compliments on it!
Friday 2.25.11 - Mail, finally.
I am confident this is pretty embarrassing for Brad, but I didn't shovel the sidewalk between the street and the house while Brad was gone. Our mailman, Bob, didn't tromp through the 15+ inches of snow to get to our mailbox, so our mail was held at the post office. Brad finally brought it home tonight. It was pretty fun to go through the stack - which included a card from Angie with new pictures of Dottie.

2 comments:
I think that might be the only picture of me taken in the past six months that I don't hate. Maybe because half my face is obscured by the cutest boy in need of a haircut ever? Can you email it to me?
It's official. You live a much more exciting life than me. Wait, I don't want that to sound like I'm complaining as I love my life. Just noticing that you always seem to have a fun variety of things/people/places to take pictures of. I have one. ;)
Post a Comment