Monday Meal is what you call the post that should have been Foodie Friday.
You decide not to call it Munchie Monday; that sounds a little suspicious.
Tonight we had what I like to fondly refer to as a "Classed-Up Lunch Lady Dinner." We probably should have served it on a cafeteria tray, wore hair nets, drank milk out of cartons, and used a spork.
The Menu:
Green Salad with Simple Vinaigrette Dressing
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Sweet Potato Tator Tots
I have an unabashed love of tuna casserole. There was one legendary Christmas in which my brother, sister, and I spent lots of time at my grandparents' house. My grandma made tuna casserole. My sister hated it so much she actually ran from the table and threw it up. She's always had a flair for the dramatic; I have no idea where she got that from, no idea who would have been a role model for that behavior.
Granny's tuna casserole was filled with canned mushrooms and cream of mushroom soup and topped with shoestring potatoes. My tuna casserole involves cheddar cheese soup and peas and carrots. It's more of a mac and cheese with tuna (one of my favorite lunches) than a tuna casserole.
Comfort on a plate.
For what it's worth, I did make my "Classed-up Lunch Lady Dinner" an adult dinner by washing it down with a nice glass of wine. Turns out red wine is a nice accompaniment to tuna casserole and tator tots.

2 comments:
help me understand...you took mushrooms OUT of a recipe? Brad must be responsible for that omission :)
that looks totally classy to me, my dear.
xoxo.
Post a Comment