
Turkey day marked a couple important firsts for me:
- This holiday was the first we've celebrated family-free. The mail has to be delivered even on the day before and after a holiday, so we celebrated with Mike and Ang in Green Bay rather than going ALL the way home. What's better than celebrating with friends that might as well be family?!
- I've never made a turkey before. Okay, so I still haven't made a turkey. Angie took care of it. I'm officially grossed out by skin, meat, bones, etc. That's what friends are for, right?
- This wasn't the first Thanksgiving without my mom's cooking (she is an excellent cook), but it was my first try at her infamous Monkey Bread (see above pic). I did her proud. Although, anything that has more than a stick of butter and some garlic in it has to be good.
Thanks to Ang and Mike for the hospitality and good eats!
No comments:
Post a Comment