We are staying at a cabin in The Middle Of Nowhere. Said cabin advertised that it has wireless Internet access in the lodge. Well, the lodge turned out to be a 4 x 4 foot square of our cabin where there is decidedly NOT Internet access.
There is, however, a faint signal in what we have fondly dubbed our "AV Room," a small, wood-paneled bedroom with two sets of bunk beds and bald eagle curtains.
Here's a little vaca run-down so far:
Saturday: Pack and Travel
Sunday: Travel and Arrive
Monday: Tour Al Capone's Hideout
Tuesday: Wear pajamas and scrapbook all day
Wednesday: TBD
Will be back sometime next week with photos and more stories of our Northwoods adventures. For now, I'll leave you with a little peek at the decor of our cabin.
I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Wow! Is that a light-up mirror with a deer and a real, moving waterfall? And, is it making waterfall and bird noises?! That's amazing!"
10 comments:
Oh you lucky duck. I have soooo been looking for that same awesome mirror to hang in my scrap space. I think it would definitely be inspirational nowadays with all of the "woodland creatures" all of the manufacturers have been using lately. Hope you guys are having fun. Tell Emily I said hello :)
hahaha
sounds like a great time
that decor might be better than galena???
miss you guys
can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventure
WE MISS YOU.... Come home. :)
I believe they call this type of decor kitchy. Sounds like my the living room my brother and his roommates cooked up to be funny.
Have fun!
Mat and I drove up to Al Capone's hideout one summer... we were in the Charger. I remember we were coming home, and we were coming over the top of a hill and for some reason I was driving in the middle of the road... a guy in a truck came at us out of nowhere and he missed my mirror by two inches.
Only one of several near death experiences in the Charger.
are you bringing the mirror home? you totally should
LMAO!! girl i can't wait to hear about this trip!!
The decor resembles our Galena house. Hope you three are having a nice vacation!
Enjoy your vacation!
I can't believe we didn't steal it...
Post a Comment