Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dear Diary,

I had the best vacation ever! There was so much to do, and the time passed really quickly. Here are a few things we did.

There are many, many reasons why Emily is just about the coolest person ever to vacation with. But, among the top of those reasons is her love of cheese curds. Every where there were cheese curds on the menu, we ate and enjoyed cheese curds. The Angry Minnow brew pub was no exception.



On Monday we visited Al Capone's Hideout. We learned all kinds of random things. . . he actually built the hide-out as a place for planes filled with Canadian whiskey to land. He died of a "social disease." Of course, when the tour guide announced this, I had to immediately burst into giggles because Al Capone died of "the Syph."



Tuesday was the laziest day ever! I wore my pajamas all day and didn't even take a shower. Good thing the Northwoods aren't crawling with really cute guys because I looked (and smelled) pretty disguisting.

We had a super-hero movie double-header on Tuesday. Spiderman and Batman Begins



And, Em and I scrapped a ton on Tuesday.



Oops. How did that picture of Michael Phelps on the television slip into my vacation photos? Fine. I'll admit it. I developed a monster crush on MP (I'm a Phelps Phan!) as a side-effect of the vacation. And, tonight I saw him on television with his mom. Turns out Mama Phelps is a middle school principal. That pretty much sealed the deal for me. I love Michael Phelps. Shhhs. Don't tell Brad.



On Wednesday we went to the Giant Fish Museum. It was way boring (lots of taxidermy and motors and fishing baits), but there were lots and lots of great photo opps.


Here's me kissing a fish.



And look! Here's Em and I in the big fish.



And look! Brad really loves me. He crawled inside this fish just for this cute picture.



And the Giant Fish wasn't the only cool thing we did on Wednesday. We went go-carting, too.



And we ate candy.


And we had dinner (and drinks) at THE Famous Dave's.


And we went mini golfing.


And we went to a lumberjack show.





I bet you're thinking there's no way we could have possibly done more than this on vacation. Well! You're thinking wrong! We did do more than this. Stay tuned for our Northwoods spa adventure and Three Dog Night concert and some detail shots of our deluxe accommodations.

13 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, my gosh you crammed a lot in to one vacation!

Steph said...

I'm glad you had fun but I'm also so glad you're home

waleska said...

holy guacamole! you sure know how to enjoy your vacation (I think I need a do-over :P). glad you had fun :)

justem said...

Yay for the vacation! We are FINALLY home...had such a great time!! :)

Denise said...

Cheese curds? You had cheese curds without me? Whatever were you thinking? LOL! Num. That's the best thing about the MN State Fair. Well, one of the best things.

OK...Al Capone's cousin was after my Mom when she was younger. It is a hilarious story. Maybe not at the time. LOL!

Glad you had a fantastic vacation and your husband is pretty cool for climbing into the fish for you. :o)

Anonymous said...

Your vacations sounds wonderful! Love the pics!

Kelly said...

WOW! Looks like you had a fab time!!

Laura said...

It looks like an awesome time, super cute pic of you and Brad in the fish!

Sharie said...

Looks like a wonderful vacation! Love cheese curds, they made my mouth water. Welcome back.

Chiara said...

looks like you had an absolutely fabulous time

Josie said...

yum-o
to the cheese curds
sounds like you guys had FUN!
is that the ali album i see in your pile...i want pics!!!

Rob Novak said...

I don't think you could have had a more mid-western vacation if you tried! before you know it you'll be dragging your three kids around trying to get to every state park in one summer. :)

emom said...

Thanks for the photos Barb. After assessing the lumberjack photo, I've decided that you're definitely a woman who notices a great butt! Bet you thought we wouldn't notice. Thanks for helping Em and Justin have a fantastic vacation.