Sunday, September 28, 2008

Race for the Cure

My granny is the reason I love the make things. We made things together for as long as I can remember. We've baked together. We've made baskets. We've quilted. She taught me to create things that are a part of who I am.

My granny died of breast cancer almost four years ago.

Today, my family walked in the Komen Race for the Cure to honor my grandmother.

Someone was missing from the walk today. . .

It's not something we talk about often, but my mom is a breast cancer survivor. I wish she could have been there today to walk with the other survivors.



Meg and Jennifer are best buds. . .


A quick shot of the group (minus Amy and me). . .


How totally Wisconsin is this?

3 comments:

digital said...

Nice blog.
Beautiful pictures.

Please visit:

http://holidayinparadise.blogspot.com

Adventure in Bali Beach Games.

Good luck

justem said...

Ugh. I see spam.

I didn't that about your mom. It was great of you to walk...such a worthy cause. I've always wanted to do the 3 day one...any desire to do that???

Chiara said...

congrats on your walk.