I mixed together a few different recipes and cooked some up last night.
4 C low-sodium chicken broth
8 oz. mushrooms
Medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, smashed
3 Tbsp. butter, divided
1 1/2 C Arborio rice
1/2 C white wine
1 C frozen peas, thawed
2 C frozen asparagus cuts, thawed
3/4 C Gorgonzola cheese
1/2 C shredded Parmesan
Heat chicken broth. Keep warm.
Cook mushrooms in 1 Tbsp. butter. Set aside.
Cook onions and garlic in 2 Tbsp. butter over medium-low heat until onions are tender (about 5 minutes).
Increase heat to medium. Add rice. Cook about 3 minutes or until translucent.
Add wine. Cook about 2 minutes or until evaporated.
Add chicken broth about 1/2 C at a time. Between each 1/2 C, allow rice to absorb broth. It takes about 20 - 25 minutes for the rice to absorb all the broth.
Remove from heat. Add mushrooms, asparagus, peas, Gorgonzola, and Parmesan.
It is seriously delicious. It is possible that I even ate it for breakfast and again for lunch this morning.
4 comments:
MMMM. Did I ever give you the AWESOME risotto recipe I have? It's amazing!
I like to put in the juice of a lemon, some zest, basil, oregano, thyme, parm, and some ricotta. Just a few minutes before it's done I throw in a couple of handfuls of frozen peas.
I love that I called you about risotto today and now you have a risotto blog entry.
Long live risotto :)
YUMMY -I'm so going to try making this -thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment