Saturday, October 09, 2010
Thanks, I Think
I put on my favorite Brewers hat, swapped my pajama pants for yoga pants, and went out for bread and coffee this morning.
It's about as close to a crazy hippie place as my town gets, so I was quite surprised to see little bottles of Kemps milk in the cooler. The owner was helping me, so I started talking to him about Sassy Cow Creamery's chocolate milk - seriously the best chocolate milk I have ever had. Ever. And, it can't be bought anywhere near me.
He humored me and wrote down the name of the place.
Then, he commented on my Ben and Jerry's t-shirt. He actually said, "Wow! You really know your dairy."
I started babbling, clearly embarassed. Is it really a good thing to "know your dairy"?
Then, he gave me a free cookie. He said anyone showing Milwaukee pride gets a free cookie. I think he was trying to cover up for his awkward dairy comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that great harvest is as hippie as your town gets! and i love that the guy said "you really know your dairy!"...that made me laugh out loud!
yay for free cookies!
You really do know your dairy. perhaps you could get a job with the milk marketing board and FIX THE DAMN CHEESE MAP!!!
Barb: "Umm...do you sell cheese?"
Free cookie=awesome.
knowing your dairy=questionably awesome.
I think ;)
Post a Comment