Friday, September 30, 2011

October 2010.

 Fall is most-definitely my favorite time of year. I try to rush it and make it start in September, but it really doesn't start until October. Don't get me wrong. There are some very "fall" things that I love about September. Things like school supplies and wearing cardigans again and being able to turn the oven on. But, October is really where fall happens for me. The trees start turning. It's cool enough to sleep with the windows open and need to wrap in a quilt.

I started making this little album last November. I didn't finish it until March. I'm a slacker like that. And, I'm sharing it here and now to remind you and me and anyone else out that just how much I love October.

First, I have to say that I can take no credit for anything about this album (besides the pictures). It is completely copied from an Ali Edwards class. I know some of you think it's beyond lame that I copy things. But, honestly? I love to copy. It is a really low stress way for me to find techniques and products that I wouldn't otherwise be brave enough to try. Often, it helps me find ideas I like enough to play around with more to make my own. And, I do always try to give credit where credit is due. And, I do not ever submit (not that anyone ever really publishes me) something that was copied.

















3 comments:

justem said...

I love it! :) And what's wrong with copying?

sarah said...

i love that book! and seriously, what is wrong with copying? i say nothing...as long as you credit the original source!

gabbyfek said...

this is gorgeous. and when you look through it, you'll just remember the moments, not the "copying." :) xoxo.