Hello, me. Messy hair. Questionable skin. Shiny nose. Jiggly parts. Untamed brows. No make-up. Me.
Hello, failure. I'm behind on emails. I never started the meditation practice. I don't exercise. I hoard paper and Thickers. I ate McNuggets, Dr. Pepper, and every fry in the bag for lunch today.
Hello, distraction. I watched two episodes of Keeping Up with the Kardashians today. Nothing makes my problems seem less significant than seeing Scott Disick becoming Lord Disick. Or listening to Robert Kardashian whine about his failed business plan. Did you know he was going to get rich(er) designing a line of socks?
Hello, crying a lot today.
Hello, giving myself some space. It's okay to say no, to change my mind, to take care of myself.
Hello, friends. Someone asked me today if I had supportive friends. I don't think I smiled bigger at any other time recently. I am going to commit to writing a list of all the ways I've been helped lately. Counting my blessings, I guess.
Stole the idea for "Hello Monday" from Katrina who Stole it from Lisa Leonard.
Note. Stole is an word I use in the most loving way possible.
5 comments:
hi darling.
you are so very much not a failure.
you are amazing. and strong. and sometimes everyone needs a little time to watch the kardashians, right???
love you. take all the time and space you need.
xoxoxo.
I think that we need to institute a new policy - every time one of us uses the word "failure," we have to put $1 in the "Let's Go to Portland" fund.
Hello to putting one foot in front of the other, and remembering to breathe.
Much love.
hello beautiful friend.
i hate that you're crying...
but know that you are NOT a failure.
you are brave. and strong.
i also like kat's idea of the $1 in a "let's go to portland" fund. only because hello, portland! and meeting ME! ;)
and p.s. i frequently enjoy a dr.pepper and mcd's fries. and i always eat every fry in the bag. you're in good company, my friend.
xo.
Hello - Amazing Friend,Beautiful Girl, Scrap Superstar, Fearless, Fun & Funny, Strong, Brave, Smart Woman
The world is lucky to have you and as are your friends
Distract and Indulge yourself - its the only way sometimes we face a new day : )
love ya
i might be the only one to say that crying is okay. cry. a lot. it really does makes things feel better, if only temporarily.
and honestly...dr. pepper? i mean that in itself just doesn't make your day awesome? ;)
Post a Comment