Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Ventage Girls' Take on Winter



Photo taken last Sunday in Chicago. 
Temperature = 14ish + Wind (aka cold)

It's easy to think friendly thoughts about winter today because the expected high temperature is 55 degrees. Not -55 degrees - actual 55 degrees. In Wisconsin. In late-January.

It doesn't get better than that, friends.

So, on this day when it's easy to be bright and shiny, I give you a special winter list.

Five Things I Actually Like About Winter

1. Needing lots of blankets on the bed.
There is something I totally love about snuggling into a bed filled with quilts and blankets. It's very peaceful.

2. Hot beverages.
Hot chocolate. Fancy coffee drinks. Tea. They all taste just a little better in cold weather. 

3. Tights.
Winter fashions, in general, are some of my favorites. Boots. Sweaters. Corduroy. Layers. Scarves. Puffy vests.

4. Big snowflakes.
Unlike Em, I'm not a big fan of snow. (Although, a year ago snow days would have made my list of favorite things about winter.) I do love the  giant, fluffy snowflakes that fall slowly. Those are pretty - from inside the warm house.

5. Television.
Cold weather and early dark nights make for great excuses for watching even more television than usual.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

YES to the lots of blankets - I need more.

Josie said...

hot beverages under a comfy blanket watching your favorite shows..sounds like pure bliss

gabbyfek said...

yes on puffy vests and lots of blankets.
xoxoxo.