Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Ventage Tuesday: Hobbies gone bad.


Today, we (Angie, Em, Katrina, and Stephanie) share five photos that are each a "blast from the past." 

Mine happen to all be about hobbies gone bad.


1983? There was that time I took dance lessons. It's recorded (on a Beta tape!!). The family legend says that everyone else danced right and I went left. It's shaped how I feel about dancing in public even as an adult.


1990? Then, there was that time my grandma learned to weave baskets. Of course, I had to learn, too, because what 12 year old shouldn't have the exact same hobby as someone 50 years her senior!??!


Circa 1992ish. Seventh or eighth grade. I was too cool to have a hobby. Or wait. Look at that flannel shirt. Maybe I was failing miserably at being grunge - especially considering those earrings appear to be small, gold hearts.


1995? Family Christmas photo. Remember that time I learned to race sled dogs. What? I hate the cold and the wilderness. Yeah. Another not-so-great idea.


1997. Yes. That's me with another hobby intended for people 50 years older than me. Plus, being a harp player (or the musician of any instrument that goes between your spread knees) seriously limits one's fashion options.

5 comments:

angieoh! said...

I love the dance picture so much I want to marry it.

Katrina said...

Is that a harp in your pocket, or are you happy to see me?

Steph said...

The sled dogs is pure magic. Love it

gabbyfek said...

i love you so much.
particularly your description of the harp.
xoxo.

Felicia said...

This is awesome! I can totally relate to having the same hobbies as your grandmother. I volunteered at a Senior Center for like 10 years. I loved doing arts and crafts with old people.