Thursday, June 06, 2013

What I Might Read

A few things from my reading list.

I used Meetup to find a book club. They read about food and meet at local restaurants. The book for June is The Debt to Pleasure. I better get reading. The meeting is less than two weeks from now!


I downloaded And The Mountains Echoed the day it was released. I haven't started it. I'm weird like that. I'm almost afraid to start it. I want it to be wonderful, and I don't want it to be over all at the same time.


Bread and Wine was hand-picked for me by Katrina. I think reading this will make me want to host a dinner party or maybe just convince me to cook again.



Because every summer needs some YA, I will read Eleanor and Park.



Five Quarters of the Orange has been recommended to me by two people from different aspects of my life. I should probably read it.


Maybe I should read a little non-fiction? I started Switch when I was traveling in April. A friend who is completely not a reader highly recommended it. So did lots of other people.


Maybe I should also read a "classic?" Maybe Slaughterhouse Five doesn't qualify as a classic. Maybe I should read something that I should have read in college?


Now, I need to exit the Information Superhighway and step away from the television long enough to actually make reading a habit again.

2 comments:

angieoh! said...

I love Slaughterhouse Five. In my faves of all time.

Steph said...

I like to pick books based on cover/jacket art. Bread and Wine and Eleanor and Park appeal to me for that reason :)