Sunday, July 01, 2007

Coke-a-licious

I've heard and heard and heard about these little treats on Colleen's blog. Unfortunately, there is no where in Wisconsin that actually cooks up Coke cupcakes.

With the assistance of Angie, I cooked up some of my very own.


Thought it would be nice to share the recipe.

Coke Cupcakes

2 C self-rising flour
2 C granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. cocoa
1 C Coca-Cola
1 C (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/2 C mini marshmallows
2 eggs
1/2 C buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla extract

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar; set aside.
  3. In a saucepan, combine the cocoa, Coca-Cola, butter, and marshmallows. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
  4. Pour the boiled mixture over the flour mixture and stir to combine.
  5. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, then stir in the buttermilk and vanilla.
  6. Stir into the flour mixture; stir well to combine.
  7. Pour the batter into cupcake pans linied with paper cups, filling each 2/3 full.
  8. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
1 C heavy cream
6 Tbsp light corn syrup
1/4 C Coca-Cola
1 C milk chocolate chips
2/3 C semiweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 C coarsely chopped peanuts
  1. In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine the cream, corn syrup, and Coca-Cola and bring to a boil.
  2. Turn off the heat and add the chocolate chips and butter, stirring until melted and smooth.
  3. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and chill for 1 hour.
  4. Using an electric beater, preferably with a whisk attachment, beat the mixture until light and fluffy but still spreadable. Do not over beat.
  5. Immediately frost the cooled cupcakes.
  6. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
I know what you're thinking. 2+ sticks of butter. Almost 2 cups of chocolate chips. Heavy cream. You're about to run away from this recipe because it's not healthy for you. But, seriously. Make some of your very own. Right now. Completely yum.

(To give credit where credit is due. . . I found this recipe on the web. I guess it was originally published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The recipe came from a general store in the Atlanta area called Belly General Store. I just can't seem to track down the link that I took the recipe from.)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh yum! Those sound delicious. I've done a coke cake before. Will have to try these.

Christy said...

yum yum yum!! I so think I am going to make these this week.. =)

BRANDY said...

Pure Cupcake LOVE! Yummy!

Valerie said...

Sounds yummy!! I will have to try it!!

Jennifer Davis said...

Hey there! You've been tagged, check out my blog for details! =)