So. . . there were tornadoes in WI today.
Seriously. Tornadoes in January.
Even my grandpa (totally admitted to the Weather Channel) says he's never heard of such a thing.
Personally, I think there were plenty of signs to let us know this was coming.
There was a tornado on Friday Night Lights on Friday night.
There was the clean-up from the devastating tornado on Desperate Housewives on Sunday night.
Really. Two tornadoes on major network television in only three days. Certainly that was a sign.
Anyway.
I bet you're wondering about the title.
I was a very confused child. I completely misunderstood the word tornado and actually thought someone was saying TOMATO.
Yup. That's right.
Every time there was a tornado warning, I hid in the basement completely positive that there were giant TOMATOES flying through the sky. I was sure we'd be able to make lots of spaghetti sauce after the storm.
11 comments:
well, with the amount of TOMATOES flying around here tonight- I could have made a whopper kettle of spaghetti sauce- what an evening!! good thing the downstairs bathroom was clean!
Hehe! I love when kids mess things up!
Yeah that weather is weird....and annoying!!!
You are to funny - did you know that there is a really old campy movie called "attack of the killer tomatoes"? really there is! Luckily the storms fizzeled a little before they got over here!
Now as a reading person you must know about "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs"...tomatoes could certainly be flying!
ha!! you had me laughing outloud at the computer!!
LOL too cute, the tomatoes I mean.
I will remember to leave the tomatoes at home. I grew up in dorothyland aka Kansas. They happen all the time there. Towns getting completely flatten by a tornado. I remember seeing funnel clouds all the time. So scary, but no tomatoes, I think that would be way worse. They would stain everything. LOL.
LOL, funny! My son used to call his forehead, his headboard. He also used to get porcupines and pinecones confused. I'm not sure if you are familiar with Kim Possible, but my daughter once told me she saw a Kim Possible in the woods, and was referring to a opposum. Kids say the darndest things. Too bad about all the tornadoes, thats awful.
but if they were flying tomatoes-- i'm sure that new cookbook of yours would have some good recipes!
This weather has been crazy...I wasn't complaining when it was 57 but these tornado scares freak me out.
Hope you're staying safe and sound with the wacky weather, Barb!
Looove all of your DT creations for Scrap-tastic this month! You rock the mini, girl!
You are tagged too! LOL Check out my blog!
http://web.mac.com/lhilt777/Scrapbook/Blog/Blog.html
Post a Comment