Sunday, November 29, 2009

December Daily 2009

I think I've already pretty much established that I'm a total copy-cat and really have no actual creative bones in my body.

So, it should come as no surprise that I "copied" my December Daily.

It certainly was not as easy as Ali said it would be, though. I started with a Prima Canvas Album and covered it with fabric using Wonder Under. Then, I added new grommets. It took several hours, my iron is covered with sticky goo, and I almost lost a finger pounding the grommets, but the finished product looks pretty cool.

The other problem - one that I didn't anticipate - is that the pages hang out the sides of the album. The page protectors and canvas pages are about 1 1/2" longer than the actual album because of the addition of the rings. If I had to do it again. . . I would trim the pages so they wouldn't hang out. But, for now I'm just working to "embrace the imperfection."

I am, however, really proud of the sewing parts. I've never had much luck sewing on transparencies or page protectors or really anything thick or slippery or plastic. This time, though, I bought a heavy-duty needle and heavy thread and found success.

So. . . here it is. I'm excited to start filling it up.

















6 comments:

Beth said...

Hey, at least you DO a December Daily. I've never been able!

casey boyd said...

I second Beth, at least you have a december daily ready for day 1. My goal is to have something by at least day 5:)

amyyo said...

very nice! (even if you did copy)
I can't wait to see it filled. Mine is sitting in a box just waiting for Dec! (it doesn't look anywhere as nice as yours)

Josie said...

Love it! Can't wait to see how you fill it up

justem said...

Not a creative bone in your body?? For REAL? You're full of it! ;)

It looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in person!

justem said...

Not a creative bone in your body?? For REAL? You're full of it! ;)

It looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in person!