Thursday, April 22, 2010

Paper and Glue

I spent last Friday night at a crop with Stephanie. I'll spare you the details of the crop (held at a banquet room in a bowling alley) and the lovely women seated next to us and just leave you with the finished product.

I do need to say that these are all made from the same Studio Calico kit and one add-on. I didn't think that I would use much of the kit when I first opened it; the colors and embellishments seemed a little intimidating. But, I ended up making these four pages plus another one. Not too shabby for a kit I didn't think I liked!


Lift of a page by Christine Drumheller
Beautiful child property of Em and Justin Spahn

Alphabet - American Crafts; Cardstock - Bazzill; Embellishments - Hambly (rub-ons), Jenni Bowlin (butterfly), October Afternoon (stickers), and Prima (gems); Kit (partially) - Studio Calico Bakers' Dozen (February 2010); Patterned Paper - My Minds' Eye, Sassafras, Scenic Route; Tools - Unknown vintage (typewriter)


Some photos by the fabulous Em Spahn

Cardstock - Bazzill; Embellishments - American Crafts (chipboard frames), Making Memories (paper ribbon), Prima (fabric paper), Sassfras (buttons), Sweet Vintage (vintage doilies); Ink - Staz On; Kit - Studio Calico Bakers' Dozen (February 2010); Patterned Paper - Fancy Pants, My Minds' Eye, Sassafras, Scenic Route; Pen - American Crafts; Tools - Fiskars (punch)


Another photo by the fabulous Em Spahn
Alphabet - American Crafts; Cardstock - Bazzill; Embellishments - Hambly (rub-ons), Making Memories (paper ribbon), Unknown (staples); Ink - StazOn; Kit - Studio Calico Bakers' Dozen (February 2010); Patterned Paper - Basic Grey, Fancy Pants, My Minds Eye, Sassafras; Tools - Heidi Swapp (edge distresser), Unknown vintage (typewriter)


Cardstock - Bazzill; Embellishments - American Crafts (Brad, Flair); Kit (partially) - Studio Calico Bakers' Dozen (February 2010); Patterned Papers - Basic Grey, Sasafras, Studio Calico; Tools - Fiskars (punch), Unknown vintage (typewriter)

2 comments:

justem said...

Hey! Where did my comment about the totally cute kid in the first layout go???

I really love the last one best. Everything about it is perfect!

justem said...

aHA! i figured it out.
this is a different post.
now i don't feel like such a nimrod.
i kept thinking "but i just don't think i've seen all these before! but i know i've seen the first one!!"

I feel quite honored to be in like three of the four layouts. :) :)