Friday, November 18, 2011

Foodie Friday

Menu:
Sweet Potato Risotto from Ezra Pound Cake
Grilled Kale Salad

Notes on the Risotto:
  • Called for a non-traditional risotto preparation; simply boiled the risotto in salted water until tender. I used chicken broth instead of water, and the finished product looked nothing like risotto. . . until I stirred in the magical mascarpone.
  • Someday I would like to try this with Rondele.
Notes on / Directions for the Grilled Kale Salad:
I have Katrina to thank for this.
Ingredients:
Olive Oil, a liberal amount
Red Onion, sliced thinly
Kale, leaves torn from stem into bite-sized pieces
Tomato
Blue Cheese
Croutons (if you're into that sort of thing)
Salt & Pepper
Cook the onions for awhile in some olive oil. Add the kale and a bit more olive oil. Cook until wilted. Top with tomato and blue chesese. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Note -
Katrina has started a fun new game: Foodie Friday. Post on your blog about something you ate during a particular week. Include food photos and recipe / cookbook links. Share a link to your post on Katrina's blog.

P.S. This recipe contains sweet potatoes. Therefore, it fits in my current obsessive trend of posting about Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Yum. and Yum. I'm putting that sweet potato risotto on my list for this week. and THANK YOU for playing along!!