Thursday, November 17, 2011

Resisting temptation

I believe Thanksgiving deserves a right to be celebrated to the fullest possible extent.

It is a great holiday all by itself.
It is not a step on the way to Christmas.
 It is not the day before Black Friday shopping.

I have resisted asking Brad to put up the Christmas lights.
I haven't hung a Christmas wreath.
I haven't put up a single Christmas decoration; I haven't even taken any of them out of the boxes.

I did slip up, though.
I put a dollar in the Salvation Army kettle at the grocery store.

And, of course, I have had a few red cups.

4 comments:

justem said...

A "few"....let's decipher that... ;)

gabbyfek said...

red cups = totally acceptable.
xoxoxo.

Steph said...

I am holding off on the red cups...was shooting for Black Friday, but I may cave this weekend. :)

Tina said...

I know, I know...it's so hard to not go straight into Christmas with all the retail hype. Damn you Target + Starbucks.