Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thanksgiving Quirks

(Photo from 2009)

I never even tried fresh cranberries until Thanksgiving 2005. I like them in relish form, but I still want to have a can of cranberries on the table - the kind where you can see the ridges from the can in the "cranberries."

I prefer mashed potatoes but am learning to love sweet potatoes.

I will not eat turkey skin or turkey on the bone. And, I have never actually cooked a turkey myself. Thank goodness for Angie.

I do not like apple pie or cherry pie. Dessert on Thanksgiving should be pumpkin pie and pumpkin cheesecake. I think I have made a pumpkin cheese cake every year since I was in high school.

I have almost no childhood memories of Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving traditions. My love of Thanksgiving is a relatively recent thing.

7 comments:

sarah said...

mmm. mashed potatoes. my favorite part of thanksgiving. that and layered pumpkin cheesecake.

YUM. now i'm hungry.

Katrina said...

I love mashed potatoes AND sweet potatoes - although my love of sweet is a new-ish thing.

I agree with you on dessert, although chocolate chip pie has joined pumpkin as a tradition in our house.

Wish we were spending thanksgiving together!

angieoh! said...

Katrina, come and join us! There is always room for more and we chould treat your kids to a Wisconsin adventure!

angieoh! said...

Um, I also am a fan of setting up the food as a buffet this year instead of all along the table - probably less for grabby little fingers to steal that way! :)

cokes, beers, and sippy cups - we are one classy bunch.

Josie said...

Agree on mashed potatos, I only like sweet potatos in the form of a fry.
Dessert though must include oreo pie and my new adult tradition is mimosas are a must while doing thanksgiving prep!

Steph said...

I, too, have to have cranberries in the shape of a can, even though I now have a great relish recipe. It's tradition :)

gabbyfek said...

i DO love the cranberry can. the canberry. ha. oh dear. xoxoxo.