Thursday, March 29, 2012

(partially) Flowering


I picked up some daffodils during a last minute stop at the grocery store. (I haven't made a meal plan or a real shopping trip in at least two weeks. I'm living on take-out, restaurant meals, and things that can be carried in my arms at the store.)

I had to choose between the bunches that were completely flowering, the bunches that had some flowers, and the bunches that were all blooms.

I had a little moment of clarity and self-reflection in the middle of the grocery store floral department and decided to go with the partially flowering bunch.

That's how I'm feeling lately - partially flowering.

I'm not quite getting done everything I should. I'm not quite as productive as I should be. I haven't been paying quite enough attention to the people and things that really matter. I've been distracted and disorganized.

There's room for improvement.

2 comments:

gabbyfek said...

that was most of march for me. scattered and just not feeling fully invested in any one thing.
hoping to work on that some in april... or may. you know, whenever the mood strikes me. hee.
xoxo.

justem said...

:)
i don't know.
i feel like you can never do as much as you *think* you should be able to do.
if you ask me, yes, you can always improve...but i think you're a pretty great friend the way you are.

(sappy comment over)