There is only one chair at my kitchen table. The others have all been moved.
I haven't cooked consistently - much less actually entertained - since April.
This hasn't stopped me from pinning food and party ideas.
Here are some possibilities.
Option 1: Beer and Cheese Tasting
Photo of an ad in Crate and Barrel's catalog
There would be lots of different shaped beer glasses.
I think this one would involve some sort of voting for a favorite beer and a favorite cheese.
Appetizer possibilities include:
Pretzels and Mustard
Mini Hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls (totally elegant!)
Sweet and Salty Bacon Nuts
Option 2: Girls' Charity Lunch
I'm a huge Gilmore Girls fan. I'm fascinated by Emily Gilmore's charity events. I'd like to throw one of my own. I'd invite my favorite girl friends and ask each to bring an item to donate to a locate women's shelter.
We'd feast on a Pioneer Woman chopped salad bar, indulge in a fabulous dessert (maybe an ombre cake), and talk over coffee.
Option 3: Backyard Drive-in
Photo from here.
I'd set up a concession stand with candies and popcorn (with a variety of toppings). We'd have a double feature. There would be lots of citronella candles. Making out is optional.
The next party I actually will throw? Well, co-host to be more exact. Thanksgiving. More about that soon.


5 comments:
I will be happy to attend any and all of these parties.
Yeah, me too. You are a party rock star. If this whole new job business doesn't pan out I really think party-planning should be your next career choice! ;)
I am clearly in middle school.
Sweet and Salty Bacon Nuts.
Snort.
you are a party planner at heart
we so need to live closer
or at least have more parties
and to let you know there is nothing wrong with hot dogs & crescents - in fact I am having them saturday
They all sound amazing, but I am partial the drive-in in the backyard because that would mean it was summer and I could actually come visit!
Post a Comment