Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Lunch-date

Today for lunch I ate:
Lean Cuisine Butternut Squash Ravioli
Can of Mandarin Oranges
1/4 of a Bag of Fat-Free Microwave Popcorn
Big Jug of Water with Lemon

This random assortment of items was consumed over the course of about 90 minutes. One might think, "Wow! She gets a 90 minutes lunch break?" The answer is, of course, NO! The above list was consumed while answering emails, making phone calls, and attending a meeting (where the other participants also, apparently, did not have time for lunch and were scarving down a variety of foods). She actually got a zero minute lunch break.

Lunch is my least favorite meal of the day. It is the meal where my weird food quirks seem to have the largest impact on my choices.

I don't eat lunch meat of any kind; sandwiches (except tuna, which stinks up the fridge) are out.

I don't eat re-heated chicken (it tastes different than chicken the first time); any left-overs with chicken are out.

I won't eat microwave meals (like Lean Cuisine) that contain meat of any kind; my choices are severely limited.

I don't really like salad--it's just not very exciting. This makes it difficult to go to lunch (on the rare occasion I get to do so) with the slender girls who all seem to want to go to the place that has the best salad. Me? I'd rather have a big cheeseburger and onion rings.

So, my wise readers, what did you have for lunch today?
And what do you suggest I try for lunch in the future?

19 comments:

AnilĂș Magloire said...

Nothing exciting. Ravioli with garlic and olive oil sauce and a baby romaine salad with my delish homemade honey vinaigrette.

Colleen said...

sounds like my kinda lunch...that is spread out over the course of 2 hours in between doing other things

angieoh! said...

hmmmm. I would recommend making pasta salad that you could keep in the fridge. :) You are the strangest lunch eater I know. That is true - but it is one of the things I love about you.

justem said...

What! Butternut Squash Ravioli??? For real???????????? I love that stuff!!! I need to go to the store NOW and check this out!

Katrina said...

Uhm...let's see. I was trapped in a software issue (and you thought my job was all gloss) for hours (not kidding)...and I needed to leave a bit early today for Hope's game. So, I scrounged in my desk to see what I had. One itty bitty envelope of Lipton cup o' soup.

So not a happy day.

Beth said...

That Butternut squash ravioli is really, really good. (Run, Em, don't walk!)

Today I had Lean Cuisine Asian potstickers. Yummy, but I don't have 8 minutes to heat them up!

Suggestions: yogurt, cottage cheese, fruit salad, cheese and crackers. The Lean Cuisine roasted vegetable pizza is good and the paninis (although they have meat) are seriously a happy moment of my day!

Maddy said...

My favourite thing to have for lunch is grated carrot, chopped fresh corriander and hummous sandwiches! Oat cakes, hummous and mixed beans is good too.

Elisabeth said...

I had an iced coffee from Tim Horton's and a toasted croissant. Eaten while on a conference call. Thank goodness for the mute button!

Rebecca said...

You are so funny with your food quirks. My only one that I share with you is salads. I don't really care for them and now that I am doing low carb, I have to eat them. Ugh.

Josie said...

I was like a little kid today;
spaghetti-o's, applesauce and pudding : )

Liz Allman said...

i always get the crap leftovers being a SAM so i always get a few sweet potatoes and baked potatoes that i can nuke in a pinch. i eatr them with yogurt, cottage cheese, salsa, whatever is left. Also, quesadillas.

Steph said...

we don't get to leave for lunch here at all. Today I had tater tot casserole (yes, apparently I am a 3rd grader) yesterday I had a hot pocket.

Lunch is definitely not my favorite.

BRANDY said...

I boil pasta in the microwave and then pour Garden Combination Ragu on it. It's cheap and I get about 4 meals out of it.

Me said...

I hear ya on the left over chicken!! I am the same way..I hate left over chiken!! I wish I could eat light for lunch, but I never seem too!! Maybe, that's why I need to lose weight! LOL

Retro Girl said...

I don't like lunchmeat either. Bleh.

I like gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches (pannini) that I make myself...I try different cheeses and mix/match. A good one is a slice each: Colby/Jack + Sharp Smoked Cheddar + Provolone..some diced red onion and a slice of crispy bacon. Or cheddar & dill pickle slices...mmm.

Or I like to make bean burritos with cheese. Or black beans....mmm.

Today I had McD's...(shame!) lol.

Greta Adams said...

i am sorry girl i don't cook so i can't recommend anything fab like these other girls....i eat lean cuisines all the time or fast food....:(

Lyn said...

how about breakfast for lunch? i keep a box of oatmeal at school, then i mix in fresh fruit if i have it. i've also kept boxes of cereal and milk in the faculty room too. it's fast, easy, and low calorie, and IMO, delicious! :)

Vanessa, Florida, USA said...

Lunch meat is not my favorite either, but I'll eat it. I prefer hot pastrami and cheese sandwiches to cold turkey or ham. I dislike bologna. In any case, today I had a grilled cheese... I make 'em yummy! Have a great week!

Becky said...

It's so funny I read this today! I ate at Khona Bay for lunch! YUM!!!I had a few bites of pancakes and a few bites of the bacon wrap.

I would suggest just go for the burger, you made me very hungry for one!!

You have been tagged :)