Thursday, November 29, 2007

Patience is a virtue. . .

. . . I so do not possess.

As if the post about premature fa-la-la-la-ing was not enough to convince, today I will reiterate the fact that I really have no patience. I offer two examples.

Example 1:
I think the reason I've been in such a bad mood for most of the week (at least since Tuesday) is that I'm super-excited for Saturday.

Miss Angela is hosting an ultra-fabulous holiday cocktail party. I can't wait for the food (the onion, brie tarlets!), the drinks (a DIY martini bar), the decorations (the Christmas tree to end all Christmas trees and the martini shaker display), and the company (even Angie's little brother is going to be there!). I even sent Angie and Mike a card to tell them how excited I am.

The truth? The part that I am most excited about is my outfit.

I'm totally going with the vintage 1950s Rat Pack cocktail party theme. I ordered a vintage cocktail dress from eBay. I even rented a crinoline to give it a little flounce. I bought a belt and found some shoes. I just need jewelry and a retro hair style. I cannot wait to get dressed up on Saturday. I'm so excited that it's tough to think about other things. I have no patience.

For now, a close-up. I promise more pictures of the dress (and Brad in his get-up) after the big party.


Example 2:
Monday is my birthday--my 28th birthday. (That reminds me. I need to decide on what kind of cupcakes I want to make.)

I've had my birthday present from Brad since Saturday.

I knew what I wanted, and I whined and hinted and whined and hinted and whined and hinted until he went and bought it for me.


I so wish that I had managed to find a chance to use it. It's killing me. The mess--the giant mess in my craft room--is also killing me. It's a total disaster. In fact, it's quite possible I haven't scrapped much lately because it is such a mess!

Again. No patience.

11 comments:

Beth said...

Can't wait to see your swanky dress - it is fun to get all dressed up once in a while. That party sounds like it will be terrific!

Green with envy over the Zutter...

justem said...

Woohoo for the early gift...and the giant mess! I like it when you come over to the dark side!

Can't wait to see you in the dress!!

casey boyd said...

Yea!! you got the Zutter! You're going to love it. Can't wait to see what cool mini's (albums that is:) you come up with.

The party sounds like a great time, can't wait to see some pics.

Steph said...

ooh we need to bind something!!! :)

And I really hope we can make it by on Saturday night! I want to see the vintage-ness in person!!

Steph

Josie said...

Happy Early Birthday, sounds like your bday weekend is going to be fabulous! What a great gift!
What a fun party Angie has planned can't wait to see pics of you, your dress and all the festivites!

Ronda Simpson said...

Barb! Sounds like so much fun!!
By the way...My sister's B-day is Monday, and she will be 28 too! How crazy!

angieoh! said...

Have no fear - tomorrow is almost here!!!!

and I don't believe Brad let you open your birthday present early!!!

Valerie said...

Love the early b-day gift!! Can't wait to see what you make!! And I want to see your outfit too, I'm excited for you!! Have tons of fun!! Love the make your own martini bar!!

Retro Girl said...

OMG I am so jealous over your Retro dress and whole ensemble!! Hope you will share pics!! :-)
That party sounds totally Fab! You're lucky to have way cool friends! :-)

Have a great weekend....

....Florence...
(LOL!)

Christine said...

Have a great time at your party can't wait to see the two of you all dressed up. Let us know how the zutter does - i am really thinking about getting one - and happy birthday to a fellow Dec. b-day girl! (man do I miss 28! LOL!)

joanne (spagirl) said...

hey... great birthday present! you will love it!!!