Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Detective Barbie

The Scene of the Crime:
Our Driveway

The Evidence:
1. Half of a half-eaten ham sandwich lying in the driveway
2. Half of a half-eaten ham sandwich wedged in the basketball hoop

Strange. Very strange.

Memphis consumed the half of the evidence that was lying in the driveway. The remainder is getting completely soggy (due to the torrential downpour of sleet) hanging in the basketball hoop.

Brad claims he knows nothing about that. I'm not sure what other witnesses can be questioned.

Any ideas about what exactly might have happened in my driveway today?

10 comments:

Steph said...

Um, is your new roommate a fan of ham? :)

Also, in an odd coincidence-- we once found the contents of a can of spam laying on our lawn in Houghton.

No can-- just the spam.

justem said...

Okay here is what I think happened.

Two middle school boys. One doesn't like the sandwich his mom made. He and his little buddy decide to play a little game with the said sandwich. It just so happens that they are walking by your house right at the moment the contest begins. Boy 1 shoots and scores. Pleased with his performance he picks up his half and dances around the end of the driveway in celebration. Boy 2, determined to outdo his friend, goes up for a ham layup, but misses and the sandwich ends up stuck in the basketball hoop. Boy 1 and Boy 2 are so freaked out at the prospect of someone discovering their ham shenanigans that they run away (most likly uttering some curse words) and Boy 1 drops his sandwich, where it remained until Memphis discovered it.

And that is what I think happened.

amyyo said...

maybe instead of tomatoes flying in the sky due to the tornadoes, it was actually ham sandwiches flying in the sky??

jillconyers said...

that is hilarious and a little strange! let us know when detective barbie solves the crime :)

AnilĂș Magloire said...

That's a case for Hercules Poirot :)

Tina said...

hhmmm....do you have ravens where you're at? These birds are always around especially on trash day. If not, I'm thinkg what Em posted :)

Beth said...

Darn it! Em stole my answer! This definitely smells of middle school boys, maybe even elementary school.

Tonya said...

LOL, hope you find the culprit.

BRANDY said...

Okay here is what I think happened...

A gang of little green men were flying around in their hydraulic thing-a-ma-jig after stopping by the local diner and decided their sandwich sucked, so they said that it was probably that barb's fault and threw it out of their hydraulic thing-a-ma-jig onto your driveway and basketball hoop. Whoosh. I know that is totally a run on, but I tell it like I think it, run-on and all.

Retro Girl said...

I was just gonna say...no matter who exactly...how...or why...it had to be a Boy who dunnit. Only a boy...

lol