Sunday, January 13, 2008

A is for ______

A is for artichoke
A is for avocado

In the past few days I've really found myself wishing I liked these foods.

Reason 1:
This recipe from Giada.
I do not like artichoke hearts, but this looks so incredibly delish.
I think Giada could make me eat almost anything.

Reason 2:
This magazine talks all about avocados this month.
All the recipes look incredible.

Any foods you really don't like that you feel like you should learn to enjoy?

10 comments:

justem said...

Well...I used to like avocados until I ate one in Mexico and spent the rest of the night on the bathroom floor. Yeah...no need to relive that moment.

I really like artichokes, though! My roommate used to make them for me in college all the time. We would butter them up and eat them on the floor while watching the Disney channel. We were kinda weird. ;)

Lauren said...

Aspargas - would definetly be my answer to your question!

I am almost done shopping for you - had some fun this weekend!!! :)

And the SC febuary kits... how is a gal ever to choose????

Steph said...

wine.

which, yes, I know, is not a food. But I want to like wine. I want to enjoy wine. Except I have no idea where to start in the learning to find one I like.

amyyo said...

gee- here I thought the theme of your blog entry was me!! A is for Aunt Amy!!

All About Eve said...

giada rocks. i have her first cookbook and i love it. and i love everyday food.

i think i really should learn to enjoy milk. more a beverage, but i hate it. HATE IT!

Kirsty Wiseman said...

Darling Bab-oooooo
I love that you spent a moment or two to come over to my blog today. It reminded me that I must make the effort more often to make comments myself - they cheer me up so muct cheer others up.
Lots of love sweet pea xx
Loving your layouts of late xx

angieoh! said...

I think you should stop STOP STOP discriminating against the A foods.

Geesh. Get with the program Barb, those are 2 of my faves!

:)

Jill H said...

um, all the healthy ones =P

Erin said...

I am a vegetarian...I love fruits and vegetables...but I hate bananas and I am not a fan of cauliflower. I really should like bananas...I like banana bread...does that count?

Jenn said...

For me, it would be seafood. My husband loves salmon and it looks good when he orders it in a restaurant, but I can't bring myself to taste it.

Aren't you glad we got rid of the Cowboys for ya! Should be a good game next week, but I think you guys will come out on top! I heart Brett Favre!