Monday, January 28, 2008

Science - Babs's Style

Okay. So, in case you missed the news flash. . .
I'm entering week three of my stay at Sickville.

I've been to the doctor.
I've gagged while my throat was swapped. I've given several vials of blood, yet an answer as to what exactly is wrong with me has not been found.

The basic symptoms:
I'm tired. Crazy, insane, cannot think tired.
My glands are swollen. Big, sticking out of my neck swollen.

My mom's solution to all of this is that I must (obviously!) be preggo.

Duh! Don't you know that swollen glands are the first symptom of pregnancy!??! But, sorry, Mom. . . cancel the shower and stop spreading the happy news. There is most emphatically and certainly NOT a baby on board.

I think I've found the cause of the mystery illness . . .
our bed.

I've completely convinced myself that if we had a prettier, more relaxing, put-together, grown-up bed that I would sleep better and, therefore, feel exponentially better.

NOTE: Our bedroom is one of the only rooms in our house that has not "grown-up." We have the same mattress we moved out of my parents' house in college. We don't have a headboard or a foot board. Our bedding doesn't match. Our furniture is hand-me-down (not to be confused with antique), and tv trays double as our bedside tables. There is a cabin and a bear decorating the shade of the lamp that sits on my side of the bed. It. is. hideous.

All my problems would be solved if I could redecorate the bedroom.

New bed = better life

Here's the shopping list:
  • headboard (preferably this one)
  • nightstands (two, yet to be chosen)
  • lamps (two, yet to be chosen)
  • bedding (I actually put this in my Pottery Barn cart just to feel what it would be like to buy it)
Please note that I'm not even being greedy. I'm not asking for dressers or a new ceiling fan (don't even get me started on that!) or new carpet or even new window treatments. I'd just like the bed, please.

Now. I'm off to bed. . . a place where I must convince myself that I do not need to redecorate our bedroom. . . that quilt is so calling to me from the Pottery Barn shopping cart.

ETA: I think the link to the bedding works now.
And. . . no fear about the quilt. Grandma Audrey to the rescue!

8 comments:

justem said...

Ack! I cannot see the bedding photo! The link is not working! I cannot sleep tonight without knowing the fate of your bedroom and the bedding that could someday cover you!!!

I do like the rest of it though.

Did I ever tell you that our bedroom furniture was my parents? Like my parents who have been divorced forever? Yeah...I think it is cursed and we surely need a new one for the sake of our marriage, but I haven't convinced Justin yet!!

Get well sooooooooon! :)

Steph said...

I too am sad to see that the bedding link does not work.

Also, I think new bed=better life is a way stronger argument than mac=happy Barb theory.

Now I am going to use this argument to win some bedroom redecoration in this house :)

amyyo said...

love the bedding! very comforting. just order it!! maybe your rich Aunt (the other one) will chip in for it!

happy slumber....

Steph said...

love the bedding. it reminds me of your kitchen.

which is my way of saying your pretty plates.

this from the girl who swears you live in a brick house

Greta said...

Barb, I hope you get better soon! Being sick is definitely no fun.

I love your bed/bedding picks!

Jenn said...

Barb, you crack me up! I love your writing style! Hope you feel better soon, and I love the bedding!

Jill H said...

i hope you start to feel better, Barb! 3 weeks is way too long to feel crappy. i hope you also get a room makeover soon!!!

Christine said...

Have you had them check you for Mono? I know it sounds a little crazy, but I have had it twice and there is not a tired like it, you don't want to move tired and my glands were huge!
I am all for the new bedding - a girl must have the softest, sheets she can find!!!