I'm struggling to figure out what exactly to take pictures of. The ideas aren't flowing real naturally.
So, I went to Flickr and searched for "scarf" thinking I'd get some ideas to take a picture of myself in a scarf. (It's FREEZING cold here today, and a scarf photo would really capture the mood.) I found tons of pictures of scarves and got to thinking. . .
Gee. It sure would be cool if I knew how to knit.
Look at all these cool things I could make if I knew how to knit.

1. tudora, 2. center square, 3. 100_2848, 4. Sungazing Knits, 5. 12 weeks old, 6. Saartje's Bootees, 7. Sock monkey group, 8. Another Brother Blanket, 9. One Done!, 10. Chevron scarf in progress, 11. Chevron Scarf from LMKG - Close Up, 12. Summer knitting qualities, 13. Ribbon knit button bag, 14. You ain't shit if you don't knit, 15. Why aren't more people knitting this sock???, 16. Knitted Dishrags
Plus, there are lots of fun supplies involved in knitting (yarn, patterns, needles).
Knitters seem to have an on-line community.
There's always a cool finished product.
The finished products would be much more practical than a scrapbook page.
But, the truth is that I don't really want to learn how to knit.
I've tried to learn how to knit. It did not go well.
I think I'll stick to scrapbooking and just spend some time looking at cool pictures of things other people knit.
And. . . I still need to go take that picture for today.
13 comments:
I wish I knew how to knit...but then again, I wish I knew how to do everything. I think sticking to one (or two!) things is a good idea!
I thought about knitting for a while, but then I remembered the only thing I ever managed to crochet was a three inch Barbie scarf. Stick to the paper!
I've been able to crochet, but never got the knitting-thing down. sometimes you knit, sometimes you purl; most times it was screwed up.
I understand about the 365 picture thing. It's fun to take photos, but photos of what?!? I'm good on 3 for 3. Brought a camera with me to work today to see if there's something during my travels today which will inspire me.
Best on your picture-taking efforts.
maybe when you get older you can start to take up knitting- for now I think you should stick to scrapping- there is still so much to discover in the world of paper and pictures!!!
Love all those knitting pics, very cool!! I know how to knit, it's actually not that hard, I'm still very much a beginner!! I'm so lucky my Mom has so much patience with me!!
I'm really like that picture a day project, think I'll start that today. I learned to knit from that stitch n bitch book but I'm more into sewing now.
I know how to knit and it is totally overrated! I used to knit a sweater a year till I realized it took to darn long so I quit. I will just stick to crocheting aka "INSTANT YARN GRATIFICATION".
I feel the same way...I think I might want to learn, but then there's the learning and doing and all that.
Good luck on the 365! You'll find that it gets easy. What I like about it is that I take my camera with me everywhere now and it might help with those "I wish I had my camera" moments
I kind of secretly want to knit because it seems so portable. Like I could throw my knitting bag in the car and make a scarf while stuck in traffic??
Right, I'm nuts. But I don't have time to learn a new hobby.
Love those knitty pics! I learned how to knit in '07 and I personally love it. Once I got the hang of it, I found it relaxing and tend to knit for a bit before bed. I tend to have multiple projects going...the boredom factor and it's totally portable which I love...no more sitting and waiting for me..I knit away!
You crack me up, cuz I'm the same way. I tried to crochet but it didn't work out for me. I love all the cool stuff you can make....but it just won't be me making it. LOL
I've been doing a photo a day since Jan 1. I've just been taking photos of whatever strikes me at the time. I think I'll upload them once a week.
love the groups of pics!! any by the way..you can never have to much wine at dinner...,my personal feeling!:)
I just learned to knit. So far it's only dishcloths but my goal is scarves, mittens, and hats. The problem is, there is so much I want to do and so little time. If we ever meet in person, I could try to teach you!
Post a Comment