I get to sleep as late as I want to every day - which turns out to be about 8:00, at which time Memphis has undoubtedly found his way onto the bed where his black fur is soaking up the sunlight that is streaming through the window making him a giant ball of heat, forcing me to wake up burning hot.
I have time to do silly things - like make a special trip to the grocery store to buy birthday hats to celebrate Memphis's seventh birthday. Doesn't he look thrilled?
I get to go out to lunch. Friday I had Chinese with Angie. Yesterday I had Noodles by myself. Today, I'm headed out with Ang again. Hmmm. I wonder where we'll go? I'm kind of pulling for Red Robin.
I stay caught up on the message boards and galleries.
I can meander my way through my favorite catalogs.
I can wear my pajamas all day (only did that on Monday).
I can not do a single thing on my to-do list and not feel guilty about it. (Okay. That last one isn't true. I do feel guilty about it.)
I get to hang out with Natalie and Katelyn and not have to feel like I need to go home and get something done. Isn't Natie helpful?
I get to talk to Em on the phone in the middle of the day because she has spring break, too.
I can finish my day covered in Mod Podge and paint and paper scraps - if that's what I want to do. (Check out Scrap-tastic soon for more info about the mini book.)
I can take a nap in the middle of the day; I'm usually pretty tired by about 2:00.
I am confident I'll be able to stay up for the Studio Calico premiere and all the chatting that comes along with it.
I can celebrate my scrappy accomplishments. Turns out there is a lot to celebrate this week. Like, an album featured in Shimelle's latest (and ultra-fab) class. Or my very first pub in Scrapbook Trends, April. (Huge thanks to the person at Archiver's who took my picture with the magazine.)
15 comments:
I have been waiting, waiting, waiting for this post!!
First, how did you get Memphis to look up like that?? Were you holding a treat over his head?? ;) Too cute!
And oh my...how did we not talk about that Pottery Barn catalog that came...love the cover!!
And finally.......you didn't tell me he was the on the section opener page!!!! Awesome!!!!!!!!! I am hoping to get my copy today! Huge congrats, my friend!!! :)
That is so awesome Barb, you look so cute holding the magazine!! Major congrats!!
Love the mini album too...did you say it's going to be a Shimelle class?? Wow!
I love spring break too. While I'm a SAHM, this not having to get up at the crack of dawn to get Mandi off to school is so nice, and the lack of schedule rocks!!
Enjoy!
love your album for Shimelle's class. FABULOUS idea with the doors. I need to start taking some photos!
Congrats to the publication (did I get that right??). That is so worth celebrating ;)
You are too funny! Getting paid to do nothing sounds good to me too :)
Love that mini, LOVE it.
I have to get that ST to see your page.
I got my copy yesterday and seeing my page in print was too cool.
Congrats!!
I'm jealous. It sounds like you are having an awesome Spring Break. Congrats on seeing yourself in print.
I'm so excited for you.
But sad that I'm missing out on your spring break! I want to go to lunch and hang out and do nothing!!!!
I am so jealous that you get a spring break! But, good for you. I love reading about the stuff you've been doing, including the party hats for Memphis. :)
Huge congrats on your scrappy accomplishments - I knew about the Shimelle class, but how did I miss hearing about ST?! Way to go!!!
like the new header on your blog.
love the picture at A's- too funny
Memphis looks too cute.
Glad you're having a good spring break. If you think of any careers using spring break skills, please let me know!
sounds like an amazing break for you...I'm sadly a bit jealous!
Congrats on your pub! I need to grab one of these this month!
Just popping in from Shimelle's class; absolutely LOVE your mini album. I spend way too much time in my local Mall, so I am going to feature the entrances to all the places where I am welcomed (most being coffee shops, LOL!). Sue
Soooo fun...What a spring break!
the bday hat on memphis is so adorable!
I'm with Em...that Pottery barn catalog is total eye candy. I'm in love!
BIG congrats on all your scrappy happy news!!
And I love your new banner..its no wonder we are friends : )
Soooo fun...What a spring break!
the bday hat on memphis is so adorable!
I'm with Em...that Pottery barn catalog is total eye candy. I'm in love!
BIG congrats on all your scrappy happy news!!
And I love your new banner..its no wonder we are friends : )
AHHH I am so so so excited for you! I am going straight to A's and check it out! Congrats girlie you are an amazing scrapper!
Post a Comment