Friday, January 28, 2011

22 - 28 of 365

1.22.11 - January Feast
White Bean and Roasted Red Pepper Dip
Cheese
Wine
Roasted Beer Chicken with Fig Pan Gravy
Restaurant-style Smashed Potatoes
Cocoa Brownies with Brown Butter




1.23.11 - Two Front Teeth
We had breakfast with Nicky, Chris, Natalie, and Katelyn this morning. Natie lost two teeth since the last time we saw her. Seriously? How has she gotten so grown up?



1.24.11 - Not So Innocent
Memphis ate a two-pound bag of powdered sugar today. Ate isn't exactly correct. He tore it up and spread it all over the living room floor. Then (I imagine), he started sneezing like a maniac from inhaling the powdered sugar. This exhausted him, and he had to take his tired (and powdered sugar coated) self upstairs to bed.

Of course, no one actually saw this happen. We just saw the evidence. 


1.25.11 - Meatloaf Buddies
Shared dinner tonight with Stephanie, Karl, and a special little dude. The menu? Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn.



1.26.11 - Drunken Goat Cheese Mac
Note to self. Do not make recipes from Pottery Barn. Pottery Barn only makes cute dishes and actually knows nothing about making macaroni and cheese. The final product was more like cheese soup with noodles in it.

1.27.11 - No. She's Not My Mom
Dinner at Josef's Gyros followed by some window shopping. A clerk at Younker's thought Angie and I were twins. Then, she thought we were sisters. Then, she figured we must be mother / daughter. How ridiculous. It did lead to some great texts from Angie, though. "Mom, can I have $20?" "Mom, can my boyfriend stay over?" "Mom, where do babies come from?" Endless entertainment, really.

27 Jan 11

1.28.11 - BeanBoozled
Yesterday, Angie told me that I needed to buy a package of these BeanBoozled jelly beans. They look like normal jelly beans but taste disgusting. If you grab a red bean you might get strawberry. . . or you might get centipede. If you pick a black bean you might get licorice. . . or you might get skunk spray. I put them in a bowl and watched Brad eat a few handfuls. I still haven't told him that he was BeanBoozled. Bwahahaha.


Notes about this week. . .
  • I actually finished the first week of my Project 365 album. It was fun to put together, and I used my blog posts from that week to finish much of the journaling.
  • Not many pictures of people again this week.
  • Almost all pictures are from the evening. I really need to work on getting my camera out at other times during the day.
Are you taking daily photos? How is it going for you?

3 comments:

Erin said...

I am laughing so hard about the powdered sugar. I'm guessing it wasn't so funny to arrive home to however. Looks like you had a good week. Happy weekend!

Steph said...

Um, can I request that I am at least showered the next time I appear in your daily photos? Good god that is some bad hair!

Glad we were able to share a meal!

gabbyfek said...

beanboozeled???
i love that.
and the powdered sugar?!?!?
holy hilarious.
but maybe not
how did she even FIND the sugar???
ha. oh my.
xoxoxo.