Friday, January 14, 2011

8 - 14 of 365

Saturday 1.8.11


I spent a big part of Saturday running errands. I started with lunch by myself at Panera then went to Scatter Joy, Cedar Creek Meat Market, Hobby Lobby, Barnes and Noble, Woodman's, and Walmart.

IMG_5537


When I wasn't runny errands I was cooking. I made chicken saltimbocca for dinner with lemon and olive oil pasta. Afterwards, I whipped up five pans of cinnamon rolls (Pioneer Woman's recipe). It's possible Brad and I ate one (or two) at 11 p.m. when they were finally finished.

Sunday 1.9.11

I started the day by delivering cinnamon rolls. I made three deliveries and was back in the comfort of my own home by 10 a.m.. After eating some cinnamon rolls of our own, Brad de-Christmased the house while I worked on my December Daily. I managed to finished Days 1 - 12 and have the pictures and journaling ready for the rest of the month. It was a perfectly quiet and relaxing day at home.

Monday 1.10.11


Our book this month was The Color of Water. (It was the first book I finished in the Nook.) The food was baked potato bar. The dessert was chocolate cake. The general thoughts about the book were mostly positive. Good times.


Tuesday 1.11.11

Brad hosted cards tonight (see "boy" snacks pictured above). I hid out in the bedroom and was sound asleep before 9 p.m..

Wednesday 1.12.11


I went on a field trip today to the Wisconsin Historical Society library and archives. I was in all my nerdy glory - so were the kids.

Thursday 1.13.11


I worked late tonight - home at 8 p.m.. Brad "made dinner" - take out from Bao Ju - Hunan Chicken for me, Sesame Chicken for Brad, and pot stickers to share. Afterward, I watched Grey's Anatomy with Katrina.

Friday 1.14.11


Brad worked late. He made it home just as I was about to fill up my bowl for dinner (pesto risotto and balsamic chicken).

My notes about Project 365 so far. . . I am afraid I may seem like a food-obsessed narcissist recluse.
  • I have been hyper-vigilant about trying to take more pictures of myself. I think I may have actually taken too many pictures of myself.
  • I am also afraid I take way too many pictures of food.
  • Many of the pictures are taken in my house, and there don't seem to be any people other than Brad or me ever around.

5 comments:

justem said...

there can never be too many photos of you. or food. ;)

sarah said...

i agree with em. keep doing what you're doing!

Beth said...

You don't take too many pictures of yourself or food. In addition to loving your writing, I enjoy all the pictures you post on your blog. I really need to use my camera more often but sometime it's too bulky to lug around. I guess I need to suck it up.

Recipe for saltimboca, please!

Steph said...

well seeing as how most of my 365 will wind up being pictures of my kid, I think your Barb, food, and home pictures are lovely :)

angieoh! said...

:) You are doing great! I love the photo in the ornament, how cute.

You have been a foodie recluse the past week. COME VISIT US!!! (said in my most needy voice). I think I feel a Saturday feast coming on!