Mainly, we were going to see White Christmas. My mom's love of the movie and my desire to see the show were the impetus for the trip. And, the show was fabulous in an old-school Broadway, tap-dancing, lots of singing sort of way. I really enjoyed it.
I also really enjoyed dinner beforehand. I picked Vivere. We went with the tasting menu. The chef did a great job asking about what we liked and creating things that were great for us. We had whole wheat gnocchi with spinach, brown butter, and lobster. We had amazing mushroom risotto. We had incredible steak with Parmesan potatoes and asparagus. And, we had incredible dessert - creme brulee, chocolate mousse, creme fraiche, and a chocolate from Sweden.
After dinner and the show, we crashed in our incredible hotel, Hotel Allegro.
Friday morning held a trip to the French Market for macarons and a little shopping. Turns out, Michigan Avenue is not very pleasant in the pouring rain.
I introduced my mom to Fox and Obel. She loved it! I get at least some of my love of food and craving for really great ingredients from her.
We finished the great trip with lunch with Em. We went to Sweetwater Tavern and Grille. How lucky am I to have a friend that will brave the rain and the downtown New Years Eve tourists to have lunch with my mom and me?
It was a great way to end 2010. Who knows. Maybe it will even become a little Mother - Daughter tradition.


1 comment:
Looks like such a fun time. :) Glad I could be a part of it! I really love the lights in the top photo!
Post a Comment