I survived another Christmas. This was actually the first time I've ever hosted Christmas. My parents and sister came over from EC for Christmas Eve dinner, and Nicky came with Natalie and her mom. Our little house was full of Christmas cheer. Mom made a prime rib roast, and I added Rachael Ray twice-baked potatoes (My dad wouldn't go so far as to say he liked the potatoes, but he did say, "I respect these potatoes." Whatever that means!) and a salad. After dinner we all put on our pjs to open gifts. Although there isn't really a picture (That's not entirely true. There is one really awful picture) that captures how excited I was, Brad got me the diamond earrings I've been whining about wanting for the past few Christmases.Picture # 1: The dinner table.
Picture # 2: My parents. They're deep in some kind of important discussion.
Picture # 3: Little Sis got Mom fleecy Snow White pj pants. Looks like a weight loss advertisement, right?
Picture # 4: Brad and me opening our gift from Brad's parents and Grandparents. One sad part about Christmas was that Brad didn't get to see his fam, but we did make plenty of phone calls and promise to go home for a visit as soon as we can!



The morning after. . .

Sunday Brad had to deliver express packages. There's mail even on Christmas day! How grinchy. My sister and I even squeezed in a little time to make a scrapbook page. We headed to Milwaukee after brunch to spend time with the fam Novak.
P.S. I never added another post, but my 2-hour delay on Friday did become an actual ENTIRE day off. I didn't get the Gingerbread Ltte from Starbucks (it's on my list of things to do today), but I did get a Sleigh Ride Mocha from Gloria Jeans. YUMMY!
2 comments:
Love the pics, can't wait to hear all about it! That photo of your mom is totally like a nutrisystem ad... laughing too hard.
fun fun pictures!!! and exciting about the diamond earrings. : )
Post a Comment