
When the phone rings @ a teacher's house @ 5:40 in the morning on a weekday in the winter in WI, it can only mean one of two things for me--put my pjs back on for two hours or put them back on for the whole day. I hate to perpetuate the commonly held belief that teachers don't work hard / often / much. But, I need to take a chance to brag about this morning's two-hour delay, which will, hopefully, be upgraded to an entire day off later. Big thanks to Mother Nature who delivered some serious ice to the Fox Valley this morning.
This is just what I needed to relieve a little holiday stress. The only downfall--my plans to meet Wendy for a little before-work Starbucks have also been delayed two hours. I've been hearing a ton about the Gingerbread Latte, and Wendy probably dreamt about the Peppermint Mocha. Big apology to my bro. I know I should stand with you in solidarity and give up the Starbucks, but I just can't do it.
My parents and little sis are coming tomorrow for the weekend. This is my first attempt at hosting a holiday. I made a shopping list and cleaned the guest bedroom like a mad-woman last night; I even dusted the ceiling fan. But, I will use the 2-hour delay for reading my February CK, I think.
4 comments:
Have a great time with the fam... don't tell your mom any of my secret recipes. (wink wink). We hope you and Brad have a fantastic Christmas...love always.ang
i always wanted to have a snow day, just once......... have a merry christmas!
OMG I have that clock! I took it down just the other day bcz the battery stopped. Merry Christmas!
Have a great Christmas...you shouldn't have had to work yesterday in the first place!!! That's crap! We got off on Wednesday :)
Post a Comment