Thursday, August 03, 2006

Golf

My grandpa always wanted me to be a golfer. When I'd visit in the summer, he'd take me the driving range and to a Par 3 course. We'd always go out for ice cream on the way home. One day I took a ball to the head. No major injuries, but that was enough to make me end the golf outings with grandpa (depsite the ice cream).

In college, I needed to take a fitness course. I took a 1-credit golf course. I was actually pretty good at the real golfy part of it (swinging, putting, yelling "FORE!"). However, I never bothered to learn any more of the rules than birdie, par, etc. before the final exam. I did horrible on the exam and got a "B" in golf. Now, here's where I have to confess that I am a serious maniacal over-achiever when it comes to grades. The "B" in college golf is probably the only "B" I've ever gotten on a report card.

Needless to say, I've sworn off the sport forever.

How's that for a completely random non-scrapbook-related post?!?!?!?

7 comments:

Sofia said...

LOL I used to be obsessed with grades too so I can relate. I've never been athletic or had any interest in sports so I could probably handle the "FORE" yelling, but that's about it. ;-)

Becky said...

LMAO, a ball to the head! You are too funny! I know a few guys that golf to drink, now there's a reason to golf, even without the ice cream!

Kat said...

too funny!
yeah, i suck at golf. i suck at minature gold. just not my sport......

angieoh! said...

Poor Babs, our sweet little perfect student. Welcome to my life sweetie! :) I bet you are good at golf anyway - WE SHOULD GO!

K@te said...

Love it! I had a similar bad experience. My dad bought me a pair of clubs when I was 10. The week before I was supposed to start taking lessons I fell at the pool and broke my arm. We sold the clubs and I took up tennis! Never have played golf and probably never will now:)

Anonymous said...

I've just put out a challenge I thought you would be interested in….I'm "hosting" a group of scrappers all wanting to do the challenges from Ali Edwards new book. Come over, check it out, and play along!!!

Retro Girl said...

ROFL. Sorry about the ball to the head....
I have no interest in sports...Putt Putt is about as far as I go with golfing...

I, too, was obsessed with grades in college. Even when I missed a month of school due to having my gallbladder out with complications..I did homework from my laptop while on pain meds lol and kept A's...except one class--business law, he gave me a "C"...I think partly because I ignored his flirting...he was later fired for some fiasco with a student...what an idiot...