Sunday, August 20, 2006

Instant Re-Play

I've chosen vacation over blogging. My sincerest apologies. As a consolation, I offer you a summary of the past week. Prepare to be exhausted. Very exhausted.

Monday:
Flew to Vegas with the fabulous Angie and Darla. Our pilot was a close relative of Evil Knievel and actually accelerated as we landed the plane in turbulance. I was terrified that I might either die or--worse yet--throw up all over myself. Vacation highlights from Monday include: Benihanna, the Elvis slot machine, and a walk down the strip from the Hilton to Paris. I also made the chicas watch the volcano at the Mirage. Sorry, Ladies.

Tuesday:
Enjoyed a little shopping and some serious pool time. The Paris pool is on the roof by the Eiffel tower. Watched the Bellagio fountain show, too. Very cool! Probably my favorite thing about Vegas (other than drooling over purses I could never afford).




Wednesday:
From now on, August 16 will be known as "The Day Darla Won Big at BINGO." She won the Black out in very few numbers and got paid big bucks! Darla wasn't the only one, though. The BINGO gods were also good to Angie and I--just not as good.


This was also the evening we enjoyed a huge steak dinner at Binion's. We were the only all girl table. We tried tossing our hair and giggling while eating our steak in hopes of getting some free drinks in the male-dominated restaurant. No luck!



Thursday:
After waking up to fly home at 2:40 a.m., I jumped back in the car to head to Volk Field for Chris's arrival from Iraq. Seriously. I have never witnessed something this cool. The atmosphere was so excited and emotional. I'm honored that Nicky and Chris asked us to be part of it and so happy Chris is home safely.


Friday:
From Volk Field, we went to EC for the weekend. Grandma Audrey cooked up a HUGE lunch for us including: BBQ, potato salad (world famous) and apple pie.

Saturday:
A trip to the fabulous new EC Farmers Market. Very fun! Took tons of pics. Also enjoyed some family time.

Sunday:
Dragged my butt home to prepare for an ENTIRE week of work. Everyday. All week. YUCK.

I'll get caught up on blog reading and emails soon. Thanks for being so patient.

Okay. I know it's not good to put hate out there in the universe, but I'm totally hating blogger right now. I've tried to upload a ton of cool pictures. I can't. It won't let me. UGH.

6 comments:

justem said...

Let me just tell you that I have been waiting ALL WEEKEND for you to update with pictures!! Damn blogger!! Awesome that you got to see your friend arrive home...I'm sure that is something you will never forget! Have a great first week of work...and I can't wait to see those photos!

Cheryl Wray said...

You are cracking me up!!!! Sounds like such a fun Vegas girls weekend. I gotta try one sometime!

Sofia said...

Blogger has been acting like a two year old with a tantrum for me too. Grrr.

Your week sounds like it was a lot of fun! Sorry about having to go back to work.

Kat said...

yay for fun vacations! sounds like a lot of fun!!! can't wait to see the cool pics :)

Retro Girl said...

Sounds like you had so much fun!! Can't wait to see your pics!! Have a good week back at work....or try to, at least :-)

Stacy said...

Sounds way fun!!! I LOVE Vegas!!! So much to do, & never enough time....