Sunday, October 01, 2006

Grocery Store

I know I shouldn't sweat the small stuff, but grocery shopping today has me way stressed out!

First, this whole spinach crisis is beyond annoying. No bagged spinach. STILL. No fresh spinach not in a bag. STILL. Not even any frozen spinach. STILL. Really! How long does it need to take for the US (one of the world's super powers) to figure out what the problem is and fix it!?!?! I really want to eat some spinach without having to worry about getting e coli. Really, spinach is one of the few healthy things I really love to eat.

Next, the meat department. They had no ground turkey. They had none of the chicken that is on sale. DUH! These are both things people need. Get enough to stock your shelves.

Third, Copps stopped carrying Canola Harvest. It was time to get a new tub, as the old one is invested with crumbs and running low. No Canola Harvest to be found! Had to get Brummle and Brown instead. I'm a little leary of the fact that it's made with yogurt.

And, the Lean Cuisines were all on sale. Except for the one I bought! Full price. Normally, I would have waited in line at the service counter to return or get a price adjustment, but a little family of goth followers were buying like 10 gallons of milk and checking out at the service counter.

Finally, two White Helmets almost crashed their Lexus and Cadillacs in to each other in the parking lot. I was busy waving my arms around trying to get the bees (which seem to have infested their parking lot) away from my purse, groceries, and self when I heard the horns blaring.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! The stress of grocery shopping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You high filutt'in folks can have some one do your shopp'in for you for a fee

Retro Girl said...

I try to avoid going grocery shopping on a weekend...most places are a zoo and are out of everything...People are rude, impatient and the ear-piercing high pitched screeches of upset kids is enough to send me to the looney bin LOL. We try to go at like 8pm on a Thursday nite...(Heck back in KY where there were 24 hour stores, we'd go at 11pm on a Friday nite - and it was peaceful!) lol.....

Seriously, I agree with you on the spinach thing...I mean surely there is organically grown spinach out there, from a farm you can trust!

Kat said...

yeah, the spinach thing- sooooooooooo annoying!!!! and yeah, i didn't even know it had happened till i wanted spinach for a recipie and steve's all- not the best time to be buying spinach....