The mini uses this totally cute album from Maya Road.
The problem? The little rings that hold the chipboard pages together.
I used a pliers to pry them apart. I covered each page, punched holes, and got ready to re-attach the rings.
Yeah. Right.
There was in way in a million years those stinking rings were going back on there.
I ended up in my pajamas with a baseball cap on at the hardware store where I spent 45 minutes talking to every old man in the joint. Each one seemed to have a different solution to my dilemma. Each one of them talked loud and each one called me dear or honey or sweetie or little miss.
One even suggested I purchase a tool and rings meant specifically for piercing the nose of pigs. Yes. That's right. Pigs.
It ended up being Bruce who saved the day (Len, another older man who was helping me, told me that Bruce used to be a millwright and assured me that if anyone could solve my problem it would be Bruce. It never became clear to me whether or not Bruce worked at the hardware store or was just a customer. It seemed like he might just have been hanging out at the hardware store.).
Bruce showed me how to use two different pliers to re-bend, attach, and re-shape the rings.
He even sold me a plyers that was regularly priced $9.99 for $3.74. Amazing. I'd be hard-pressed to find such a great deal at Archiver's.
So, Bruce? If you're out there. . . thank you! Thank you for your expertise. Thank you for helping me solve my tool-related dilemma. If you ever have a scrap- or other-craft-related dilemma I'm totally your gal.
And, last but not least, did you really think I'd leave you without a little peek of the album?
And. . . the troublesome rings!
P.S. I had plenty more adventures with toolmen tonight; my car needs some repairs. But, that's a completely different story.
9 comments:
ooh those peeks are very sneaky ;)
LOL.. your story is just way tooo funny and brings back memories of finding my grandfather at the tool store helping on some girls looking for the right tool.. and your sneak peaks too cute!! can't wait to see the whole thing =)
lol...love your story.
and doesn't every hardware/home improvement store have a 'Bruce'??!!
=)
haha!! What a funny story!
You probably made their day!! ;) It's not often they have a cute young thing coming in asking for tool help...even if it had to do with scrapbooking!
Beautiful Beautiful pages. Love the pic of the leaves...it is such a great celebration of fall.
Big SIS hug to ya'
Wendi
Love the heart and the birdie on your little peeks!
you know, i like the bent rings...gives it personality
You are so funny! Love your recount of the visit to the hardware store!
Post a Comment