Tuesday, December 11, 2007

11 Lessons on the 11th

It's been a strange day, a very strange day. It seems like it's time for a list.

11 Lessons on the 11th

  1. Brad must really love me. Otherwise, I'm not quite sure why he'd let me--even encourage me to--take crazy pictures like this (BTW, happy birthday, Brad!):
  2. ALWAYS check the "To" before you send a snarky email. I was the victim of some major email bullying today when someone tried to send a mean email about me to everyone but me and accidentally just sent it to me. Make sense? No worries, though. I sent a brilliant response and have been having evil laughs about it all day. Bwahahhahaahaah.
  3. The drive to work is much better when you're not all alone. (Not to mention the whole saving the Earth element of carpooling. It makes Al Gore smile.)
  4. Don't sweat the small stuff and appreciate gifts you're given (that is a story I won't go into detail about).
  5. Memphis rocks. Even though he does rude things sometimes (rarely) and is not appreciated by everyone--Memphis rocks.
  6. I won't die if I get a B (or an A/B). But, it sure did feel good to know that I secured the A.
  7. It's hard to be at work when you know your friends are not (Em and Brad!).
  8. If you don't put licorice in a ziploc bag it gets crunchy (I discovered today that my emergency work stash of licorice was crunchy beyond edible).
  9. The world does not revolve around me. Repeat that with me. It's something I really need to work on.
  10. I have the best friends. Angie's emails and funny anecdotes have totally gotten me through yesterday and today. Did you know that she and I are recruiting Giada to be our new best friend?
  11. A fantastic new haircut and a little color makes everything better.
One more thing. . . It's my Tuesday for Tips and Techniques at Scrap-tastic. Check out the cool sneak peak of a sheer mini I made for January.

Now, I leave you with a question. . . I'm having a cookie making extravaganza with Stephanie on Saturday. What do you suggest we make?

11 comments:

joanne (spagirl) said...

hi barb!! great 'do! you look so good!! and, your list made me think... it's a good one!

AnilĂș Magloire said...

You look beautiful, Barb!! How cool to see you wearing your Anilu necklace!!
Love the pic of Brad with the cake :)

amyyo said...

love the hairdo and color. cool picture of Memphis.

justem said...

Love the new hair!! And Memphis. He and Maddie would be such good buddies!! Staying home today wasn't even fun. Don't be jealous!! ;)

Beth said...

Looking good!

Loved your list. Was the one about the grade just for me? :) Congrats on the A!

I heart Giada, too, but at the same time I hate her for being so stinking thin. It says on her website that she "grazes" all day...so do I!! :)

casey boyd said...

Barb the hair looks fantastic!

Loved the list, (I thought the world revolved around me:)

The pics of Memphis and Brad we very cool!

and as far as cookies, I always make Turtle Thumbprints at Christmas time...I would love to give you the recipe, they are to die for, unfortunately since we are hoping to move soon my cookbook is packed..Doh!!!

angieoh! said...

That is a fantastic haircut. I can't wait to see it in person!

Hang in there! I think you are remarkable and have a great attitude after all that is going on.

Just when you think it can get worse (remember my story).

Bwhahahahahhahahahah.

Cookies.... my favorite are the pretzels with rolos. Have fun!

Ronda Simpson said...

Hi Barb! Love your new haircut! I always enjoy reading your posts! Hopefully things will be better today!

Tina said...

I just loved your list....awesome photo of Brad and your dog. I'm a sucker for cute dog photos. That sucks about that email....I've dealt with stuff like that at my office.
Cute hair!
Happy Wednesday :)

Christine said...

Barb - you look fab! Love the new do and color! And isn't Greta the best - I am lucky enough to scrap with her at our MI SiSters crops and she is such a sweetie! Enjoy all your goodies!

Jill H said...

ooh, love your hairdo :) and the doggie picture =)