Friday, December 28, 2007

Vaca Update

I know you are all just dying to hear about the progress I've made on my vacation list of things to do.

Thing # 1:
Scrapbook.

Haven't really gotten to this yet. But, I have cleaned my scrapping room and have a hot date with the fantastic Stephanie tomorrow. I can guarantee that there will be loads of paper cutting, journaling, and embellishing.

Thing # 2: Bake cupcakes. DONE!
Check. Last night I whipped up some brownie cupcakes and accessorized them with bananas foster and ice cream. YUM.


Thing # 3: Sleep late.
Does 6 a.m. count as late? I have this scheduled for Sunday.

Thing # 4: Watch movies.
I am quite sad that I have not gotten to this yet. Maybe Sunday or Monday.

Thing # 5: Read books that are not about being a teacher.
Starting to think this list of things to do was awfully ambitious. I haven't gotten to this yet either.

Thing # 6:Stay up late to buy this. DONE!
This I most definitely accomplished. Plus, there was tons of hilarious chatting. A girl has to have priorities.

Thing # 7: Get a pedicure.
The toes are still looking horrendous. But, if a certain camera-toting, mac-and-cheese-loving, IL-living someone pays me a visit sometime soon, I think this might just be in the cards.

Thing # 8: Dream about the Girls Vaca. DONE!
I've accomplished this.

Thing # 9: Screen my phone calls.
I haven't been home enough to necessitate this.

Thing # 10: Time with friends. IN PROGRESS!
Spent Wednesday with the fantastic Miss Angela. Am headed to the mall to shop and lunch with Nicky and Natie in just a bit. Already mentioned tomorrow's scrap date with Stephanie. I think I'm doing well with this item.

There have been a few other things accomplished that were not on my list.

Unlisted Thing # 1: Clean
I seriously think I might actually be able to serve a meal from my kitchen floor. The house is very clean and organized (bonus). I filled the entire back of the Escape with goodies for Goodwill yesterday. One last little tax deduction for 07.

Unlisted Thing # 2: Develop an addiction
Chocolate-banana-peanut butter. Bananas. Nutella. Honey. Wheat bread. Panini-ed.

Unlisted Thing # 3: Online shopping
What was already a bad habit has developed into a serious addiction. Plates and alphabet stamps and camera case and scrapping supplies. It is getting to be a problem. I think I might have to start disposing of the boxes at work to keep my little addiction a secret from Brad.

What's keeping you busy these days?

13 comments:

amyyo said...

what about your FUN visit with family in SE WI??

Tina said...

oh my, that sandwich looks sinful. I haven't scrapped much either. I want to do a full clean sweep before I start anything.

april said...

too funny! glad you stayed up

stephanie howell said...

yum.
so glad you are having fun!!
xo

Greta said...

What a fun list! It has me tired though just thinking about everything. I am on holiday break as well but I'm just being lazy. And, I'm playing with some of the scrap goodies you sent me!!

Enjoy your time off! :)

Cecilia said...

Ambitious list! Love your not listed list! And those cupcakes;)

Denise said...

That definitely was a ambitious list. I think you are doing just fine at completing your goals. :o) I find I have also become addicted to online shopping. You know it's a problem when you hear comments from your neighbors on what the mailman said about all the boxes he has to deliver to me. LOL! Let's just say the man is owed a huge tip this year.

Erin said...

Not a fan of bananas here, but I do love a good pb and nutella sandwich...hmmm I'm off to go shopping soon and I may have to visit PB Loco now for my fave pb, green apple and carmel sandwich!

Jenn said...

Looks like you are doing well with your list! That dessert looks yummy!

Beth said...

I read, slept in, stayed up late, and watched movies for you. Hopefully the cleaning you did comes eastward!

Nicole said...

had a blast with you on th eboards last night Barb...same time next month??!!

BRANDY said...

YUMMO! You always make me so hungry when I come to your blog. You should post the recipes to everything you make, that way I can actually taste it all!

justem said...

Yum for food photos!

So...who is this secret friend from IL who likes mac and cheese?? She sounds like someone I might like... ;)