Monday, December 03, 2007

All 28 of My Years. . .

. . . thank you.

Seriously. I had just about the best birthday ever.

(There was a surprise party when I was in first grade that my parents got me a piano. That's tough to compete with.)

But, honestly.

I was showered with birthday surprises from the most creative people I know.
Someone shared these fantastic pictures. Maybe the best birthday gift of all!
Topped off by kind words from a great friend.

And, when I finally got home from night class, there were plenty of cards (and a few gifts) from friends and family. It is even possible--quite possible--that I enjoyed a little Cold Stone Creamery. :)

There was one little wish that didn't quite come true and the fact that Heidi did not break up with Spencer on The Hills. (I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but she hasn't broken up with him yet.) Oh well! There's always next year.

Okay. One more birthday-related thing. I've had a major "I'm officially a grown-up" moment last night. The B.'s came for dinner and cupcakes (promise to post the recipe later). Natalie could not grasp that it wasn't her birthday! We actually had to sing happy birthday to her after we sang happy birthday to me. And she blew out my candles (and spit on every single cupcake). I'm grown-up; I've learned to share.

So. . . if I still owe you a thank you for the birthday wishes or haven't returned your call or email yet I promise to get to it soon.

Thank you, everyone. Thank you.

P.S. I have pictures of all of this. . . Natalie spitting on the cupcakes. Me at Coldstone. All of it. I just don't quite feel like hooking up the camera.

14 comments:

justem said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I'm glad we got to know each other so well during your 27th year...I'm sure it will only get better at 28. :)

Traci Keriazakos said...

Hi girly! Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one! There's one more B-day tag for you over at SIS.
"tracinicole"
Traci

Beth said...

I hope you had a terrific birthday - sounds pretty near perfect from your post!

Em asked me to add a tag to the gallery at S.C. but I didn't get it done in time - I will mail it to you to add to the rest - my apologies!

Happy birthday!

casey boyd said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

Sorry I didn't get my tag posted for you....we have been without power for a couple days, but I did think of you this morning and was hoping there was all kinds of goodness waiting for you at SC.

Tonya said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Birthday {hugs}

Colleen said...

Happy Birthday!!! I don't know if my tag got to Emily in time, but I posted it on my blog

Retro Girl said...

Happy Happy Birthday!
Sounds like it has been nothing but Fabulous!! You deserve it!

BRANDY said...

Happy belated birthday! We will have to reinact your b-day in Jan, okay?!

Greta Adams said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!!!

Gotta love kid spit in a cupckae...makes it extra special ;)

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday!! So glad it was a good one!!

Christy said...

Happy late Birthday!! Glad you had a great day!!

Jennifer Davis said...

Sounds like you had a blast! Happy belated birthday Babs!

Josie said...

Glad you had a fab weekend...I have some goodies on the way. Just please excuse my wrapping/card skills, I was too intoxicated. I should have stepped away from the scissors.

Rebecca said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a great one!