So. . . I went to Walmart today.
(Bet you already know something bad is coming!)
I decided to use the self-check.
I'm a smart lady. . . lots of degrees, some amount of common sense (although somewhat limited).
The self-check assistant had to assist me at least 10 times as I checked out my items.
The machine kept getting very angry about what I was and was not putting in the bagging area. Every time the assistant had to come over. . . dig through my bag. . . make sure I payed for everything. . . sigh loudly . . . and enter a secret code.
I think the part that annoyed me the most was that she continually checked my bags. I mean, seriously. If I was going to steal something would I really be drawing so much attention to myself??!!??
I actually found myself apologizing to the woman behind me for my self-checking incompetency. She laughed.
Stay tuned. . . I will soon be blogging about the amazingness of technology.
It's possible I made a techno-purchase that is sure to revolutionize my life.
8 comments:
you just have to be very careful not to hit the "baggage area" at all because it is very sensitive! Once I learned that trick my days of self checkout have been going good. sometimes I enjoy going into a store and not having to communicate with anyone! not that most of the clerks bother to say "hi" anymore anyways!
I truly believe self checkout is from the devil. I *always* have issues and wind up leaving feeling like a criminal!
Also, let it be known that a PMSing woman should not be allowed at Walmart alone and without a list. It is possible I just returned from Walmart with 15 dollars in brownie mix, ice cream, frosting, and chocolate syrup.
Sigh.
Every time I use the self-check out I swear it is the LAST time I subject myself to such misery. But then I have four things and all the lines are full and I think that surely this will be the time when things go smoothly. I hate when it says, "Please remove your last item from the bag and wait for attendant." But geez, I've never gotten my bags checked.
I'm still waiting for a tattoo pic!!!
Forget the evils of technology...I want to hear the good stuff! ;)
I think everyone has a problem with those damn self checkouts. I know I always have issues. lol
seriously hate self checkout
esp @ the grocery store
it yells at me
"unexpected item in bagging area"
it usually is my purse
I hate the self-checking lane. "The weight is not right for your item" always seems to be the mantra for the stupid machine at my grocery store. And then on some days, I can't get the machine to scan my item...then on other days, it goes absolutely bonkers and scans my item twice! I don't know why I keep going back. It's obvious that I'm not meant to be a cashier in this lifetime!
this made me giggle. i guess all my years in retail helped...i *heart* the self checkout....
Post a Comment