Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Summer Reading

So, yeah.

The summer reading thing didn't go well for me.

I will admit that I only finished two books:
Dead Until Dark
Living Dead in Dallas
This is incredibly embarrassing because these were terrible books - probably the worst written books I've ever read. That said - they were mildly entertaining (in a soft-core porn, cheesy, southern sort of way).

I read most of Julie and Julia. I just have a few pages left.

I have bunches of things left that I really want to read. To name a few. . .
Out Stealing Horses
Unaccustomed Earth
My Life in France
A Homemade Life

And, I'm going to need to read:
Her Fearful Symmetry
Cleaving

And, do I need to read. . . ?
The Year of the Flood
The Lost Symbol

Here's to fall and hoping that it leaves me plenty of time to curl up with a great book (instead of the remote).

3 comments:

justem said...

Yeah...remember our plan to have the Barb/Em book club?? Oops. I didn't read a thing this summer, other than parenting books. Wow, I'm a nerd.

amyyo said...

Jen finished her reading requirement this summer! at least someone did.

Beth said...

Out Stealing Horses and Unaccustomed Earth were both very, very good. I'm currently *trying* to love the new Pat Conroy book, South of Broad, but it's very clunky in the beginning, as much as I love all things Conroy.