Saturday, August 29, 2009

What to Eat?

Last week's meal plan went okay. There were only two meals we never made it to. One night I went to Stephanie's (for meatloaf, cream corn, mashed potatoes, and s'mores cupcakes), and one night we went out. But, we did have lots and lots of leftover produce. Luckily, we'll use most of it next week.

The other thing that didn't work about last week was listing meals by day. So, today I'll just list meals.

Jambalaya
A recipe from Light and Tasty (from 2003, I think). It's chilly around here this weekend. Bringing out the red pot to make a fall favorite sounds perfect for the weekend.

Mac and Cheese (with broccoli as a side)
The new recipe for the week. From Barefoot Contessa Family Style.

Grilled Tenderloin (with two potato gratin and a Farmers' Market veggie)
Using things from the freezer and a new recipe from Moosewood Simple Suppers.

Spaghetti
It's back to school this week. I'm anticipating lots and stress and tiredness. So, I need a night when I can just open a jar. Sorry to disappoint.

Italian Sausage and Zucchini

A repeat from last week - never got to it!

2 comments:

justem said...

What! You're making Mac and Cheese without meeeeeeeee???? (Said in my whiniest voice...) ;)

Katrina said...

You & Em & Steph are making me want to cook more...