Wednesday, December 19, 2012

NYC: A Quick Visit


I took a whirlwind trip through NYC to celebrate my birthday weekend.

Friday night it was just Katrina and me. We stayed at the Park Central Hotel and had an amazing dinner at Kin Shop where I discovered that I do like stir-fried aquatic vegetables and do not like duck. I can't even talk about the coconut cake without wanting to hop a plane back to the city.

Saturday morning we met up with Kelly (and struck out on rush tickets to Once). Katrina and I had breakfast at Max Brenner, walked through the Union Square Holiday Market, and shopped at Fishs Eddy before meeting back up with Kelly for a matinee of Annie.

We fought the crowds to see the tree at Rockefeller center and warmed up with some Blue Bottle Coffee before heading to dinner at The Mermaid Inn. 

Oddly enough, dinner Friday and Saturday both included Brussels sprouts.

We stopped for a beer and went to the movies.

We stayed up late talking and gossiping. We ate Holiday JoJos. 

We were normal, everyday friends instead of friends who live in three different states.

We had breakfast at Good Enough to Eat, and Katrina had to head back to VT. I hate the saying goodbye part.

Kelly and I wandered around the city, enjoying the park, making fun of the ice skaters, doing some window (and real) shopping, and eating some Shake Shack.

Know what is missing from these pictures?!? The best part of my trip - Kelly and Katrina. How did that happen?!?

2 comments:

Josie said...

glad you had a grand NYC adventure!!
next time i want to come with : )

sarah said...

i've always wanted to go to nyc at christmastime. so glad you had a great birthday weekend there!