Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Ventage Girls: Love Fest


Imagine my surprise when I sat down to write a Ventage post for today and realized I was the Ventage topic.

In response, here are five things I love about being a Ventage Girl.

 1. Distance is no obstacle.
Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I don't think any more than three of us have ever been in the same place at the same time. Wait. I take that back. One time, in 2008, four of the five of us were together. We need to remedy that sometime soon.

2. No idea is too ridiculous to be seriously considered.
Of course you'll win the lottery! Considering buying cowboy boots? Think it's a good idea to quit your job? Want tips on avoiding your in-laws? We will entertain and email about just about any random brainstorm.

3. We protect those we love.
This applies to their protection of me. They have been especially fierce in their insults and suggestions at all the times I've most needed them to me. This applies to their protection of their children. This applies to our protection of each other. Mess with a Ventage Girl and expect the wrath of all of us.

4. The same question would get five answers.
We have incredibly varied tastes, values, preferences, habits, and hobbies. Somehow, this all works.

5. We are perfectly imperfect.
We forgive, accept, and even encourage messy houses, fashion flops, dinner emergencies, failed plans, emotional breakdowns, road rage, and any other number of imperfections. We love each other just the way we are.

A photo collage to document the perfect imperfection.


Stop by: Angie, Em, Katrina, and Stephanie.

4 comments:

gabbyfek said...

you girls are the BEST.
i love that they did this.
i love the way they love YOU.
i love the way you love each of them.
happy, happy (belated) birthday.
love you.
xoxoxoxo.

angieoh! said...

That trip to Galena totally makes me laugh. I think I spent 80% of it throwing up because I was pregnant with Luke. And the other 20% was me eating because, despite the fact that it was a scrapping weekend, I did not scrap.

Me and crabs. Classic.

Steph said...

4 of us were together in Galena in 2008, and then 4 of us were together in Chicago in 2009 for Em's shower, just not the same 4. We really do need to work on all being together sometime soon. And oh my gosh that collage makes me laugh. Crabs, segways, Aaron Rodgers, and Samuel Homburg is not impressed :)

sarah said...

so sweet! agree with gabby, love that they did this! they are the best.

xo.