Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Grad School Junkie

This time last year I was celebrating being incredibly near the completion of my MSE.

Now, I am frantically planning the logistics of starting another one.

I spent my evening gathering references, GPAs, and other random data to fill out an application and a financial aid form. I have a list a mile long of other parts of the application I need to finish by April 1st. Transcripts, letters of recommendation, statements of purpose. . .

It's a little terrifying to think about giving up my life (and money) to go to school again. But, I truly think this step will put me in an administrative position where I can have the greatest possible impact on student learning.

And, who knows. It might just lead to Babs, Ph.D.
Dr. Babs does have kind of a nice ring to it.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awesome Barb! Congratulations on taking a step in that direction. That is fabulous!

justem said...

I think Dr. Babs sounds great!!

Chiara said...

Love it Dr. Babs and I can say I knew you when. Good luck

angieoh! said...

You rock. Dr. Babs or high school harp player Babs. She is still the best!

Retro Girl said...

Way to go Dr. Babs! You are an amazing woman. This is a wonderful thing to do for yourself! You'll be fabulous!