I think I was just a miniature grown up.
Here are my reasons:
- I don't remember ever playing with my brother and sister or any other little kids like cousins or neighbors.
- I don't remember having favorite toys. Sure. I had Care Bears and Barbies and Rainbow Bright and My Little Ponies, but I don't ever really remember playing with them. And I don't still have any of them.
- I don't remember watching any kid television shows or any shows that might have been popular when I was little. Never watched Dukes of Hazzard. Never watched Family Ties. Never watched Happy Days. Never watched Cosby Show. Not any of them. Not even in re-runs. It's possible I might have watched nerdy things (like the news) instead.
- I've never broken a bone and have no serious or traumatic childhood injury stories. Wait. That might not be true. I did run hands-first into a lit Weber grill when I was two.
- Piano lessons with Mrs. Piper
- Selling Girl Scout cookies
- Getting chicken pox for my birthday and Thanksgiving in second grade
- Taking swimming lessons
- Having school pictures taken
- Getting my ears pierced in second grade
- Birthday parties
- Writing notes
- Riding in the wood-paneled station wagon
- Happy Meal toys
3 comments:
This made me smile! Funny...I was just thinking today about some random childhood memories that I hadn't thought about in years. My day kinda stunk...thanks for cheering me up a bit!
WHAT??????????????????????????
I do have to say, I have known you since you were 15 and I have a hard time imagining you ever acting like "a kid".
But it makes me think of when people are little and adults say, "she is SOSOOSOOOOOOO mature'
how annoying!
What? No Family Ties? No Cosby Show? C'mon. You missed out! You did say you had a crush on Kirk Cameron so you must've watched some Growing Pains. Admit it. :)
Post a Comment