Thursday, March 15, 2007

On the road again. . .

We're going home this weekend.
For some reason it stressed me out to even say that. Lots of things about home stress me out (family, packing to leave, not getting things done at my real home, 3+ hours in the car, etc.)

So, I need to focus on the positive. Here are a few things I enjoy about going home:
  1. Acoustic Cafe: We have nothing like it here. Great sandwiches and soup!
  2. Visits with friends: I don't have a lot of friends who still live in EC but love seeing the few that still do.
  3. Scrapbook Store: Every once in awhile I hit it big at the store at home. Hit or miss.
  4. Things on the Way: There's an ice cream place in a city along the way that is open only through the spring and summer. I think it's open for this year and soooooo see a stop in my future.
I'll be MIA until Sunday. Will be too busy focusing on the positive, seeing the glass half-full, and thinking sunshine-y thoughts about home to blog until I get back.

5 comments:

.jessica jo. said...

if you are driving through wausau ....stop by and say hi!!!! we have a scrapbook store!!! LOL

which ice cream place do you stop at? is it the one in Abby?

have fun in EC!!!

Retro Girl said...

Hope you have a good, positive time! :-) hehe. The ice cream and scrap-store sound like it'll make the trip fun!

We'll be heading to Canada next weekend to visit...will be 7-9 hrs in the car, in-laws 24/7 and sleeping quarters that are very uncomfy...but I'm gonna find the positive things too! :-) (Hey, there's that incredible dollar store near their place that has name brand Scrap supplies you'd find for $3-8 elsewhere, for a buck! I can't wait!)

Chiara said...

have a fun time at home

Jill H said...

hope you were able to stay positive through your visit ;) or at least able to hit the scrap store & eat some ice cream!!!

Rebecca said...

I hope that you had a great trip back home! I know what you mean about traveling. It is so hard!